• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] The Tomorrow People

Angelsboi

First Post
Im looking for 5 people for a D20 Modern game to be run on the boards here at EN World. It will involve the Agents of Psi section in the D20 Modern book but i will be using some Psionics Handbook stuff as well.

Post characters here. 28 point buy. I will take the 1st 5 characters who are commited to posting 1 - 2 times a day. All must take the Wild Talent Feat. If you want a new 0 level talent, as me and ill check to see if it ok.

We will be playing as soon as i get 5 people. The game takes place in Atlanta, Georgia December 2002

Angelsboi

First Post
Ok some more information ...

Level 1 - Teenager characters only (12 to 18 years old).

The story revolves around a group of youngsters who are discovering the strange mental powers that mark them as being the next step in human evolution. They can not kill, although they aren't without the ability to defend themselves. At first, their powers make themselves apparent only during moments of stress.

Jeph

Explorer
Gregory Mosaki

Height: 5'4''
Weight: 151 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
General Appearance: Oriental

Fast 1
Entreprenuer: +4 Wealth, +1 Reputation, gain Diplomacy, Knowledge (Business) as class skills

Str 14
Dex 14
Con 11
Int 14
Wis 13
Cha 10

HP: 8
MDT: 11

Defense: 15 (Touch 15, Flat-Footed 13)

Action Points: 5
Wealth Bonus: 6 (+5 base, +4 occupation, +1 profession, -1 purchase Katana, -1 purchase Walther PPK, -1 because startup businesses aren't that rich, -1 for night classes.)

BAB: +0
Melee: +2
Ranged: +2

Katana: +3 Melee, 2d6+3 (or 2d6+2 when used one-handed), 19-20, Slashing
Walther PPK: -2 Ranged, 2d4, 30', Ballistic, 8-box magazine

Fort: +0
Ref: +3
Will: +1

Speed:: 35'

Initiative: +2

Skills:
Knowledge (Business) +6
Computer Use +4
Sense Motive +3
Profession +5
Diplomacy +4
Tumble +6
Jump +4

Languages:
Japanese
English
Russian

Feats:
Simple Weapons Proficiency
Exotic Melee Weapon Proficiency (Katana)
Wild Tallent (Far Hand)

Tallents:
Increased Speed

Possessions:
Mastercraft +1 Katana (6 lb)
Walther PPK (1 lb)
Clothes (a couple of lb)
Business man stuff (another lb or 4, when carried)

Gregory Mosaki is an american-born, ethnic Japanese samurai. Or, that's what his great great grandfather was. Well, he wasn't american born. Or named gregory. Or . . .

Durring his highschool years, Greg helped out in his father's office, manning the front desk. From the beginning, he turned out to be somewhat of a savant: He just had an ear for that kind of thing. As soon as he graduated, he decided to emulate his father, and create a start-up business of his own. Both his parrents were angry, wanting him to go to colledge. They settled on a compramise: Greg could start his little company, if he attended night school until he earned his diploma. So durring the day, he slaves away at starting an IT business, 3 nights a week and on sundays he attends school, and the other 4 nights . . .

. . . He practices with his Katana. Afterall, Mosaki is a long bloodline, and it would be a shame to see it perish. He spends the evenings doing a vigorous martial arts and athletics routine, with the cellphone turned off. These evenings are his 'me' time; when he does his thinking, reflection, and meditation. More meditation, recently. Why? Because, three weeks ago, something interesting happened.

He had finished a sequence of meditations to clear the mind, and energize the body. He stood up, reached for his sword. It flew out of it's sheat, strait twords his palm, almost excising his forefinger. Since then, Gregory hasn't been able to successfully exercise his tallent, but he now knows something: He's not normal. And there is only one thing that he wants to know:

"How?"

Last edited:

Angelsboi

First Post
Remember my above post. When you choose Battlemind or Telepath, you will need to know that you tend to start exhibiting powers under stressful situations.

d'Anconia

Explorer
Hey Angel,
This is John from Atlanta. I'd love to be in this thing. I'll post a character Sunday night when I have some free time. I don't have d20 Modern yet, there's always the SRD. Talk to you later

John Cox

garyh

First Post
I'm interested, but still working off the SRD since Amazon ran out of their initial D20 Modern shipment before they got to my preorder. Aaaaaaand, I don't think the SRD has the Psi Hunter stuff. If it does, just point me in the right direction, and if it doesn't, can you give me a quick "need-to-know" summary?

Thanks!!

garyh

First Post
Stars and stripes...

Travis Franklin

Male Human Tough Hero 1: HD 1d10+3+1; hp 14; Init +1; Spd 30ft; AC 12 (+1 Class, +1 Dex); Melee knife, +2 (1d4+2/crit 19-20/x2); Ranged Beretta 92F, +1 (2d6/crit20/x2, range 40 ft); Reputation 0; AL: Organization (Army), Nation (USA); Action Points 5; SV Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1; Str 14, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10.

Skills (total/ranks): Drive (6/4), Intimidate (4/4), Survival (6/4).

Feats: Advanced Fire Arms Proficiency, Wild Talent (Valor).

Occupation Features:

Military
Skills: Drive, Survival; Feat: Personal Fire Arms Proficiency
Wealth Bonus Increase: +1

Class Features:

Proficient in all Simple Weapons.
Talent (Tough): Robust.

Wealth: +4 (+3 Rolled, +1 Occupation)
Possessions: Beretta 92F 9mm autoloader (standard US military issue, requisitioned), 100 rounds 9mm ammo (requisitioned), Knife (requisitioned), Fatigues (requisitioned), Uniform (requisitioned).

Total gear weight: X lbs.
Capacity: 58 lbs./116 lbs./175 lbs.

Description: 5'10", 180 lbs. Age 18. Red hair, gray eyes. Well developed physique.

History: Inspired by his father's service in Vietnam and both grandfathers' service in WWII, Travis joined the ROTC in high school and immediately enlisted in the Army upon graduating this past June. Originally from a small town in southern Georgia, Travis is now stationed near Atlanta for boot camp.

EDIT: I've gotten the Weath and Psi stuff figured out. Travis is now ready.

Last edited:

GWolf

First Post
Like to Play

Yeah sure I'd liek to play. I shoudl be getting d20 modern tonight. IS this game fileld up? for now I'm goin look over the SRD.

Angelsboi

First Post
not filled up.

Gary, you ned to get the book in order for you to play here and in my Goand game. I cant reprint things from the NON SRD. Also, there is no Psi Hunter in the modern book.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads