• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV D&D 2 is possibility still

zedturtle

Jacob Rodgers
I am totally not shocked. Keep the budget down?

After Ed, Holga, and Kira have retired to have a wonderful platonic found family (i.e. not in the film, or only in a brief flashback using footage from the first movie), Simon and Doric need new recruits (i.e. fresh-faced actors that don't rate much money but did good somewhere else, hopefully the Chicago improv-scene) for the new heist. They're still thieves who rob from the rich, give to the poor, and save the world only by accident, but when Xenk Yendar (Sir Only Appearing in Budget-friendly Flashbacks) sends word that he needs help in the Dalelands, we get a title card, and an adventure to boot. There will be dungeons. There will be dragons. Maybe even a Beholder or an Illithid (live action prosthetics, of course)!

That would work, and hopefully build up a franchise where we see the new D&D month every year to start Summer. That would not be the Worst Timeline.

mamba

Legend
The CEO of Paramount Pics just listed about twenty movies he wished he would have spent less money on. It was the primary theme of his answers.
except that this one was about a possible sequel, not the movie itself.

I understand that they always want to spend less and I agree that the cost is very high these days, esp. with reshoots and Covid, the difference here is that he was talking about a sequel having to cost less if there is to be one. If the movie were a big success, there would not be such a requirement. We will see whether we get one and what it ultimately will cost.

All I was saying is that this statement does not support them being impressed by its performance, and I stand by that.

Remove ads