• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
ao'Thuir smashes the chest with his sword attempting to hew the lock from it.

[ooc: Str check +5, or we'll have to resort to destroying the whole chest.]

orsal

LEW Judge
Erekose13 said:
ao'Thuir smashes the chest with his sword attempting to hew the lock from it.

[ooc: Str check +5, or we'll have to resort to destroying the whole chest.]

Ao'thuir's blow is not enough. He doesn't feel it's well-aimed (Strength check: 4+5=9), so trying again might work. Do you want to try again? Take 20?

Erekose13

Explorer
Just take 20.

Setting down his sword, ao'Thuir grabs the lock in both hands and tries to physically seperate the lid from the base. It takes a while but it feels like there is some give.

orsal

LEW Judge
The lock, having rusted somewhat, is not as strong as it was undoubtedly designe to be, and after some pulling ao'Thuir busts it open. Inside the chest are 50 gp and a quiver with 10 arrows.

scout989

First Post
fuzzy said:
Levin steps over to the armor on the rack. Jann, could you check that armor for magic. After 80 years, it should have fallen apart otherwise.
"Certainly. I will happily check everything that we find for magical auras. However, If we are to be in this house for a while longer, I think it would be wiser to conserve my magical energies. Therefore I'll wait until we are outside once again before doing so, if that is acceptable."

El Jefe

First Post
"Yeah, let's go", replied Boog. Turning to Gerald and pointing to the southeast, he stated, "You said there were weapons and money in there." Pointing to the east, he asked, "Is that another bedroom? Do you know if there's anything in there?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ok, I'll lead the way." says ao'Thuir as he heads across the hall to the other rooms on the southern wall. Throwing open the closest door (SW?) he's ready to hack anything that might pop out at him.

orsal

LEW Judge
El Jefe said:
"Yeah, let's go", replied Boog. Turning to Gerald and pointing to the southeast, he stated, "You said there were weapons and money in there." Pointing to the east, he asked, "Is that another bedroom? Do you know if there's anything in there?"

"Just some more leather armor. Old and worn, in no better shape than this suit here." Anyone who takes a closer look at the suit in the NW room will see that it's seen its finer days, but could probably still provide someone with a little protection.

Ao'Thuir then busts open the door to the SW room. It is jammed but not locked, and with a little beating (OOC: I'm assuming you take 20) the barbarian has more than enough strength to force it open. It leads to a smaller room, just 10'x10', which aside from lots of dust seems empty.

Remove ads