• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

Velmont

First Post
Ridik finish to reload his crossbow, aim at a dog but see they are fleeing. "Are they wild dog? Why would wild dog attack us? Anyone have left some food around?"

fuzzy

First Post
Levin looks around, then starts to clean the blood off his blade. Everybody ok? Let's hope those were wild dogs. If they weren't, their master will be able to track us back. Where did that wolf come from, anyway?

After the wolf vanishes: Well, I guess that was magic of some sort.

orsal

LEW Judge
Gerald nods agreement to Ridik's comments. "I've never seen dogs that aggressive. Feocious, sure, but I didn't think any of us were their preferred kind of meat."

In reply to Levin, he says, "Yes. I studied for years to master that trick. Wild animals, summoned to my side just by arcane energy manipulation."

Velmont

First Post
"You are studying magic, but summon wild animals? In teresting. I thought it was druids who was able to do that... I must tell my studies are pretty incomplete, as I was limited to the books of my monastery."

fuzzy

First Post
Wild or not, that wolf sure fought well. I've fought a few, and they don't fight like that normally. Levin pauses for a moment, then starts looking around. Now that I think about it, no normal dog would attack us like that. Too many of us, too many weapons, and we smell like death after that mansion. Did Xyran have any other agents around here who could be doing this?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kamdar takes a last poke at a running dog, but his rapier again is unable to hit its intended target. "Well, if they were sufficiently hungry, dogs could attack, looking for an easy meal. Then, having met resistance, the dogs discovered we weren't easy enough."

His eyes widen, "I mean...um... we scared 'em away! Thanks to that wolf. That was really yours, Gerald? That was really neat."

ooc: Kamdar's AoO (1d20+2=5)

orsal

LEW Judge
fuzzy said:
Wild or not, that wolf sure fought well. I've fought a few, and they don't fight like that normally. Levin pauses for a moment, then starts looking around. Now that I think about it, no normal dog would attack us like that. Too many of us, too many weapons, and we smell like death after that mansion. Did Xyran have any other agents around here who could be doing this?

Gerald shrugs. "Not that I know of. But with Xyran, you never can tell."

El Jefe

First Post
Boog took one last swing at the dog at his feet as it turned to flee with it's brethern. After the pack left, he examined one of the carcasses. "Just a little more power", he thought to himself. "A little bit more and I could turn them in our favor as well."

"Come", his voice resonated. "Hamlir Thimbral awaits his prize...and salvation."

orsal

LEW Judge
El Jefe said:
Boog took one last swing at the dog at his feet as it turned to flee with it's brethern.

... killing the dog. (Attack roll 15, damage 3)

To the best that any of you can tell, the dogs seem to be like any other wild dogs.

Anything more before returning to Hamlir Thimbrall?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads