• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
El Jefe said:
"We might as well", said Boog as he stepped into the room and unloaded his crossbow. "Gerald, are these four rooms and the foyer all there are to the second floor?" Boog let the others take the armor, while he carefully searched for anything hidden.

Gerald answers, "Yes, that's all. I gather you already searched the downstairs?"

El Jefe said:
OOC:[sblock]Search, take 20.[/sblock]

Boog's methodical search turns up nothing except the obvious.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Yeah, we searched the downstairs... right, Ridik? You kept the map, right? Yeah, let's go, then."

Velmont

First Post
"What? Oh! Yeah!, I have it here... where did I put it? I had it... and... oh! I forgot to update it for the second floor... Oh yeah, it is in the book, at the page I was reading." He picks up the book and find the map he has been drawing. "Yup. The first floor has been completed."

El Jefe

First Post
As the group started to file out, Boog laid a hand on Gerald's shoulder. "Let me have a private word with the half-elf", he suggested. "I want to make sure he doesn't trouble you again."

As soon as an opportunity presented itself, he motioned Jann over for a private conference. Watching to make sure Gerald didn't overhear, he spoke in a low voice: "Jann,
you should know that the charm I have him under will wear off in an hour. He's either given up on
Xyran
or he hasn't. If he has, no problem. If he hasn't, I think the worst he can do is run off with the amulet he's still wearing and try to warn his master -- which would probably get him killed. I've got a little power left, but I need to rest, and I can't hold him that long. What do you want to do?
"

orsal

LEW Judge
bump

Jann replies to Boog, "So do you think he's likely to turn on us once your charm wears off?"

Note that scout989 said he'd be out of touch for a bit, so Jann is an NPC for now. When I've got a PC on autopilot, I generally have him go along with whatever the group decides. Let Boog make the call -- if anyone disagrees with whatever he decides you can discuss it amongst yourselves, but it won't be Jann (or Keth).

Oh, and I hope the Americans among you had a good holiday.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik, having taken back his book, and knowing the place have been clean, have continue to read the book. "Nice family histry they have..."

El Jefe

First Post
orsal said:
Jann replies to Boog, "So do you think he's likely to turn on us once your charm wears off?"
Boog thought for a moment, then spoke. "I think he's less likely to turn on us than Fredlar was, mostly because he has a lot more to lose than Fredlar. If he really was in Xyran's employ, and stuck in this manor for some time, then he'll need our protection just to stay alive. But he might be trying to think of some clever way to impress Xyran by betraying us." The odd young man shrugged. "So long as we're all ready for trouble, I don't mind just waiting for the charm to wear off -- you might want to discretely remind the others. Mostly I just wanted you to have a chance to do whatever it was you wanted to do with that amulet he's wearing...the one he says protected him from the zombies."
orsal said:
Note that scout989 said he'd be out of touch for a bit, so Jann is an NPC for now. When I've got a PC on autopilot, I generally have him go along with whatever the group decides. Let Boog make the call -- if anyone disagrees with whatever he decides you can discuss it amongst yourselves, but it won't be Jann (or Keth).
ooc:[sblock]Honest, I wasn't trying to bring the game to a standstill. :) Boog would have deferred to Jann specifically for IC reasons as described above. And scout989 did say "about a week", and it's been over a week, so I wasn't getting too stressed about it.[/sblock]
orsal said:
Oh, and I hope the Americans among you had a good holiday.
OOC:Thanks...it was good to get a few days off!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads