• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constructing and Working out the Epic Game

Kalanyr

Explorer
No problem, Ashrem.

Unfortunately I have one last piece of bad news, you're BAB ceases growing after Level 20 (+10/+5) after that you get 1 epic bonus per two levels. Which doesn't give you extra attacks, so your attack data should be +18/+13.

Kalanyr

Explorer
This is truly nitpicky of me, but you should probably change the Improved Manifesting/Manifestation feats to the same name, and correct the incorrect descriptions beside them.

Creamsteak

Explorer
It's hard to make a decision. In Leshay's case, they are pretty fairly well equiped, with strange abilities like heal at will, but not really out of order. The solution would be to drop some Hit Dice, but the reprecussions would be strange. Same for the Infernal. I don't want to shoot down character concepts either... but since I just woke up, I should have plenty of time to work on it tonight.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Zack, if it's by the ELH, you can do it. I think it's a normal selection, pretty sure at least.

OK, I GIVE...

We can use ECL stated in the DMG, Manual of the Planes, Epic Level Handbook, and whatever. Just check with me about it.

IF those are not available, then ECL = HD.

I'll OK the Infernal and Leshay with the ECL in the ELH.

I want to use this creature from the CC by Swords and Sorcerery for my PC if possible:

The False Lover
Medium-size Undead (Unhallowed)
HD: 10d12+40 (105)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 60 ft.
AC: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 Natural)
Attacks: None
Damage: None
Special Qualities: Invulnerable, pleasing illusion, unearthly glamour, undead
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +13
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 21
Skills: Bluff +13, Diplomacy +13, Gather Information +11, Innuendo +12, Listen +9, Sense Motive +13, Spot +9
Feats: Iron Will, Leadership
Climate/Terrain: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 7
Alignment: Always Lawful Evil

Invulnerable (Ex): Until confronted by their crimes on holy ground, the Unhallowed cannot be slain. If they are reduced to 0 hit points during a battle, they simply vanish before attacker's eyes, only to return to the mortal plane the following night. **See Below**

Pleasing Illusion (Su): The false lover is capable of concealing his undead features with clever illusions, allowing him to change apperance at will. For this reason, these creatures have an effective Charisma of 21 when determining reaction rolls, followers, etc. Victims may see through the illusion only with a successful Will save (DC 19) and only if they know to look for it specifically. **I'm assuming the effective Cha goes up with its normal Cha since they remain the same, DC for the ability seems to be 10+1/2 HD+Int mod (for being clever I guess)**

Unearthly Glamour (Su): Such is the power of the false lover's glamour that even the hardest hearts can be seduced into his service. The false lover can pick a single target in a combat round and subject the victim to the full force of his charms. The target must immediately make a Will save (DC 20) or fall under the false lover's sway. The victim is under the creature's direct control so long as they remain within sight of each another. Once the two are separated the control ebbs, but the victim is never quite the same again, and if the creature uses its glamour on the person again the victims DC is increased to 28. **The initial DC is 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier, the second one I'm not sure of but the only reasonable explanation I think is 10+1/2 HD+Cha Mod+Int Mod+Wis Mod**
Undead: (Same as MM description)

The Unhallowed cannot be destroyed by sword or spell alone; their crimes must be exposed before the gods and their unholy will broken before their protection can be stripped away and justice served. The first step in laying one of these creatures to rest is to learn its true name and the terrible act committed that set its feet on the path of evil. This discovery alone can be the object of a major quest, as these spirits frequently roam from place to place, far from the lands of their birth, and many are centuries or millennia old, their exploits now only fragments of forgotten lore. If and when this knowledge is uncovered, the creature must be confronted in a holy place, its name and crime spoken aloud to call the attention of the gods. Once this is done, the being may be fought and destroyed, but even then the battle is certain to be bloody and grim.

Last edited:

Ahem, *no where* in the ELH does it say that Paragon is ECL 18, TFO, I assume you extrapolated the ECL 18 by assuming the Mind Flayer is ECL 8, and with a Mindflayer's spell-like abilities (including a 9th level spell at will) and similar, I *highly* doubt that its ECL 8 itself...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Ahem, *no where* in the ELH does it say that Paragon is ECL 18, TFO, I assume you extrapolated the ECL 18 by assuming the Mind Flayer is ECL 8, and with a Mindflayer's spell-like abilities (including a 9th level spell at will) and similar, I *highly* doubt that its ECL 8 itself...

Sollir is right. Well, cancel anything I said about ECL and just work on your characters however you want them. I'm going to be working with Kal, Sollir, and others to try and extrapolate a rather rudementary CR/ECL system other than HD or CR.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads