• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Combat virtuoso and Bard hybrids

pathfinderq1

First Post
The Combat Virtuoso feat (from Arcane Power) allows bards to use their CHA bonus for attack rolls (but not damage) from attack powers gained through multiclassing, paragon multiclassing, and half-elf Dilettante ability. No mention is made of powers from the other half of a hybrid build- but this was done well before hybrids became an option.

So what do people think (and does anyone know if there is an official ruling somewhere)- should a bard with this feat be able to use CHA for hybrid-gained attacks as well, or does that seem too good?

Aulirophile

First Post
The Combat Virtuoso feat (from Arcane Power) allows bards to use their CHA bonus for attack rolls (but not damage) from attack powers gained through multiclassing, paragon multiclassing, and half-elf Dilettante ability. No mention is made of powers from the other half of a hybrid build- but this was done well before hybrids became an option.

So what do people think (and does anyone know if there is an official ruling somewhere)- should a bard with this feat be able to use CHA for hybrid-gained attacks as well, or does that seem too good?
Doesn't work. The RAW is write there (get it?), it works with Multiclass, Paragon Path, and Half-Elf Diletante powers. Hybrid is none of those. Specific wording like that makes me happy.

Mort_Q

First Post
On the other hand, the feat came out before Hybrid classes.

Until it receives errata though, technically it doesn't work with Hybrid powers.

The question then is, as asked, is it too much to allow it? Should it get errata-ed?

I think it's too much.

Aulirophile

First Post
On the other hand, the feat came out before Hybrid classes.
And the specific wording make it irrelevant. Unless they errata it, doesn't work by RAW. Also hybrids were in internal playtesting when Arcane power came out, by the same people who wrote Arcane power. But he asked three question, does it work, is that an official ruling, and is it to much. I answered the two that could be answered with facts, it doesn't work and that is official. I didn't provide my opinion on the third question because... well, it just my opinion.

As someone who does a lot of RPGA/LFR DMing I try and only pay attention to RAW. I only have two houserules even in home games. Expertise is free, and you must reach two milestones before an extended rest will recharge daily powers.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads