• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Closing] WOT: Prophecies of the Dragon

GruTheWanderer

First Post
We're running the WOT adventures in the back of the rulebook and in Prophecies of the Dragon. We've been underway for a little more than a month, but we need more three or four more characters. Come join us and face your fill of Trollocs, Darkfriends, and enemies of the Light.

Character creation details: Fourth level with that standard array of a bility scores (15,14,13,12,10,8) and each character can take one latent talent feat for free. Use the maximum starting gold of a first level character to purchase equipment. One of your possesions should have high sentimental value (please describe it in your background). Each of the new characters must be friends with of one of the existing characters, and has come to Caemlyn to meet them.

The game thread is here: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31805

The current characters are a Tar Valon Initiate (Dawn), an Ebou Dari Wanderer/Armsman (Elinas), and an Ogier Wanderer/Woodsman (Jorad). Their descriptions are in the previous OOC thread: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27701

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
If you're hard up for players, I'd be interested in playing an Borderlander (Saldaen) Armsman 4. Let me know — and if you don't want overlap between players in your games, that's fine, too. :) I've got the WoT book, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet...so I'd definitely be game for this.

I'll post a character later tonight, just so I have something down.

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Nicholan Gaele: Borderlander (Saldaean) Armsman 4, HD 4d10+8; hp 39; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Feat); Defense 19 (+3 Dex, +3 studded leather); Spd. 30 ft.; Atk +6 melee (warder's sword 1d10+1/19-20/x2) or +5 melee (toothed dagger 1d4+1/19-20/x2) or +7 ranged (toothed dagger 1d4+1/19-20/x2/10 ft.); SQ Armor compatibility; SV Fort +6 (+2 Con), Ref +5 (+3 Dex), Will +2 (+1 Wis); SZ M; Rep 1; Str 13, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8.

Skills and Feats: Balance +6 (Dex +3, 3.5 ranks CC), Handle Animal +5 (Cha -1, 6 ranks), Intimidate +6 (Cha -1, 7 ranks) Knowledge/Blight* +4 (Int +0, 4 ranks), Move Silently +9 (Dex+3, 6 ranks), Ride +8 (Dex +3, 5 ranks); Shadowspawn Hunter (Trolloc)*, Latent Sniffer**, Improved Initiative (A1), Sniffer (G1), Exotic Weapon Prof: Warder's Sword (G3), Weapon Focus: Warder's Sword (A4).
* Background skill or feat. ** Free Latent Feat. A# Armsman Feat, Level #. G# General Feat, Level #.

Languages: Common (Borderlands)

Special Abilities: Armor Compatability, Weapon Specialization.

Equipment: Warder's sword, toothed dagger, studded leather, heavy warhorse (Hunter), military saddle, bit and bridle, saddle bags, 4 days rations, 4 days feed, noble's outfit, waterskin, 39 mk. [Only his clothes/armor or weapons are carried at all times, the rest remains in the saddlebags on Hunter.]

Background: Born in Maradon, Nicholan Gaele showed a proficiency with arms from a young age, which was fortunate given the proximity of the Blight. Because of his skill with the sword, he has spent time in the fortresses on Saldaea's border watching, as well as on the occasional excursion out into the wilderness near the blight to root out small nests of trollocs. One of these small excursions revealed that Nicholan had unexpected talents — the group of Saldaean warriors was about to turn back when Nicholan told them that he had a pretty good idea that the trolloc camp was up a little ways to the northeast because of the foul smell. No one else could smell anything.

After the "removal" of the infestation, he was sent back to Maradon, where he spent a number of years working for nobles and the Queen, hunting down murderers and thugs of various shapes and bents. Eventually, he simply got bored in Maradon, and yearning to see the world, asked for and received his release. Since then, he's worked in a number of cities, including Ebou Dar, Falme, Tanchico, and Caemlyn, as a mercenary sniffer — hunting down murderers, thugs, and whatever else needs capturing for a small price. During his time in Ebou Dar, he ran into Elinas Sandrionovi a few times during the course of business with House Sandrionovi (he had already moved onto Falme by the time of the duel and Elinas's departure, so he knows none of that).

The Toothed Dagger: The toothed dagger represents his greatest failure. One summer, in Ebou Dar, he was tracking down a murderer that had committed a number of vicious killings near that city's docks. He managed to find the murderer (about to kill someone, no less!) only to give away his position by stepping on some broken glass. The killer was much bigger than Nicholan, and, in the course of their struggle, cut up Nicholan's arms with a toothed dagger. The blood loss was too great and Nicholan passed out, eventually being revived by a passing sailor. The murderer was gone, but he had left his knife — Nicholan kept the knife to remind him of his own mortality and the limits of his skills.

Description and Personality: Nicholan is built like the average Saldaean — not terrifically tall, but athletically muscular with a graceful build. Although generally friendly, most people are put off by his abrupt manner and gruesomely scarred arms. He tends to have little time for fooling around and indecision — all it takes is a moment for things to go horribly wrong — but recognizes that calmness and patience are assets as well. [Height 5 ft. 8 in., Weight 17 stone, Age 27 years.]

Edit — fixed my feats and damage.

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
I have no problem with overlap. The initiate will be well-guarded by such hardy fellows.

Figure out which of the existing characters you want to mention in your background, and I'll let you join the game momentarily.

Derek

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hi Everyone,

I am sorry to say that I am closing Prophecies of the Dragon. This is an unhappy first for me, so I am not making the decision lightly. Up until last week I was prepared to press on. But being honest with myself, I'm not enjoying the game.

garyh, Uriel, and Darkwolf, thanks for playing. I appreciate the work you put in to your characters and the dialogue.

Kajamba, thanks for making a character. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to play.

Darkwolf, I'd be happy to have you join any of my other games. The other three players are already in at least one of them.

Sincerely,
Derek

Old Fezziwig

Hey, no beef. :) I understand where you're coming from — I mean, if you weren't having a good time, then what's the point, right? I'll see you over in Delta Squad.

Best,
tKL

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
No problems here, Gru.
While I enjoyed the game, I am not the most fluent in the WoT setting, and I didn't really have a strong feel for the World.I did enjoy your DMing, though, and I thank you for the attempt at picking up someone else's game
-Ron/Uriel

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads