• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Check Out Some (Minor) Monster Reveals From Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants!

Six of of the book's monster's names are revealed!

bigby-presents-glory-of-the-giants-1.jpg

Thanks to miniatures company WizKids, some upcoming miniatures reveal some of the monsters in this Spring's official D&D adventure.

Some of the creatures included in the book (which naturally have a 'giant' theme) are:
  • Stone Giant of Evil Earth
  • Fire Hellion
  • Goliath Chief
  • Frostmourn
  • Giant Lynx
  • Death Giant Necromancer
There's not much more info than that, although the Death Giant Necromancer gets a description --

This Huge miniature features a chilling expression reminiscent of the grave. The souls flitting about this wizard of the undead will be sure to inspire terror for all that look upon its fell visage.

The grave is calling… how will you answer?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hellion isn't a creature in D&D, but it is in MtG.

Hellion
Actually, a Helion is an obscure Fire Elemental of Law from 2E Mystara: Monstrous Compendium - Mystara Appendix (2e) - Wizards of the Coast | Mystara | AD&D 2nd Ed. | AD&D 2nd Ed. | DriveThruRPG.com

It wouldn't surprise me if we are getting some deep dive Elemental stuff here.

Death Giants are returning from 3E & 4E.

Elemental Evil is involved so we might hear about Tharizdun, wwh8ch makes sense because of Giants being Elementally based and involved with the Elder Eye in yhe classic Giants adventures.

The Frostmourn is an undead Frost Giant from a late 2E issue of Dungeon.

Giant Lynx appears to have been a mount at several points in D&D history.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I love Mystara and the 2E bestiary, but I sure hope WotC doesn't feel compelled to go dumpster diving for often justly forgotten monsters from over the years. It was great that they brought forward magen, and I'd love to see them make the jump to the 2024 Monster Manual, like the nagpa did in 2014, but most of the obscure BD&D weirdos can and should stay forgotten.

EDIT: Nagpa were in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. They blur together for me, since I came back to D&D after it and Volo's were already out.

EDIT 2: Also, the nagpa should make the jump to the 2024 Monster Manual.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads