• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Catchphrases

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Ever find yourself giving your character a catchphrase, either intentionally or accidentally?

My warlock character, Dr. Thanatos, found himself early in his career shooting open doors that nobody else wanted to touch. So I found myself quoting Invader ZIM, shooting open the door to "it's a good thing I exist!" And nobody ever caught that it was a quote. And it stuck. Every door opened or obstacle overcome by my eldritch blast inspired it.

My Sharn detective game, at least for a while, ended every session with a PC saying the line "all in a day's work for the Freelance Police!" Sometimes delivered by multiple characters, and once even mournfully, in a session ending with the funeral of a dead character. It was awesome.

What about yours?

Demiurge out.

Gold Roger

First Post
In a postapocalyptic d20 game my policeman would always introduce himself as "Andrew O'Sullivan, NYPD." even though he had been frozen for thousand years and there was no New York to speak of anymore.

BullMarkOne

First Post
For my current improved feinting rogue: "'here, look at that!" said with a bad scottish accent.

He also has a running schtick with his named club: Ed, the shillelagh (yes I used the phb to check my spelling) whereby he often refers to Ed as if it were a person.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
My half-orc firmly believes that most people only experience the world through four of the five senses. His catch phrase: "I lick it."

The_Gneech

Explorer
I have a rogue who is so cowardly that he is always considered to be "taking 10" on Hide unless I specify otherwise. Since he had +11 with Hide at the time, I just started saying "21" to indicate that he was hiding.

Of course, he's leveled up since then, so I now say "22." ;) But you get the idea.

-The Gneech :cool:

Tinner

First Post
JRRNeiklot said:
My favorite, though admittedly stolen, phrase is "I'm your huckleberry."

I've heard that quote dozens of times, but I still have no idea of its original source.
Care to enlighten me?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads