• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character call: Dawn Under Union of Darkness (FRCS)

Personally, I wouldn't mind another Devoted Defender whose soul belongs to me... ;) But it is Trimeulose's decision, especially since we have alot of members in the party already.

There's 2 evilish PrCs for the warrior type though that you may like, Blackguard for an Ex-paladin or fighter and Warrior of Darkness from BoVD who uses Black Magic Oils and Elixers to boost his power.

Last edited:

trimeulose

First Post
Actually Sollir it would be your call seeing as she would be your cohort. Should the unlikely event occur come that someone should die, she could make a PC character. But since we are at max capacity, she will have to take the role of a cohort or wait on the waiting list.

Spell list: did you sell your soul for spells, or do you worship for them. Either way I'm not sure sanctuary would come into your "portfolio". Other than that it looks good.

Paladin's code is of course strict, but there is the thing of being a Paladin 11/Blackgaurd1. You could trade 9 levels of paldin and be Paladin 2/Blackgaurd10 (gaining no abilities except those for being a pal/black). I would have no problem with this.

There is the other matter of only getting 20 ablility points, and of course reduced starting funds. However those would be the only limitations.

Trimeulose:

Worshipping for spells, although worshipping Gargauth does in a way mean your soul is his, him being an ascended devil lord and all ;)

Sanctuary is useful for those worshipping Gargauth since sometimes when you negotiate (ex: try to buy someones soul) things could get messy, I would imagine that they'd use offensive spells sparingly to defend themselves. Plus, I could sell that limited amount of protection (via imbue other will spell ability) which I'm sure nobles and other rich-types would like...although if you think its inappropriate on my spell list i'll change it out.

Other questions above at the bottom half of the post I made before my spell list whenever you have the time.

Edit-Kit, i'll talk to you in #IR sometime soon if you have the time-although I just got a new comp and I'm installing it today so it may have to wait for tomorrow.

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
hmm not really sure what is going on exactly...lol working off a modem and 14 hours in a car, 3 on a plane within the last two days...so my brain is a bit fried...just a tad...

what exactly does being a cohort entail? I don't have any of the books with me other than the players handbook, the DMG and D20 Modern

hmm I might be too late to join the game if you have already started

trimeulose

First Post
basically being a cohort means this:

You start out at the appropriate ECL for whomever you are recruited as being a cohort, for Sollir that would be ECL11.

You get 20 stat points instead of what the rest of the group gets (34 in this case).

You start with reduced funds. In this case, it would be what your character would normally get instead of geting the bonus I gave to the other characters.

You should be loyal to the PC that recruits you. You are thier cohort after all.

KitanaVorr

First Post
trimeulose said:
basically being a cohort means this:

You start out at the appropriate ECL for whomever you are recruited as being a cohort, for Sollir that would be ECL11.

You get 20 stat points instead of what the rest of the group gets (34 in this case).

You start with reduced funds. In this case, it would be what your character would normally get instead of geting the bonus I gave to the other characters.

You should be loyal to the PC that recruits you. You are thier cohort after all.

ew 20 points? that's definitely gotta suck :(
money, bah I can live with that
Otherwise human fighter/blackguard is my choice for her
I've never played a cohort before, this should be fun

lol if I b/m a PC will all that improve(stats/money)?
;) :p :D

so how does all that sound?

Jarval

Explorer
Using this as an OOC thread, I've got two questions about the last update:

1) Hate to get rules-lawyery, but doesn't antimagic field only have a range of 10'? Of course, this could be a more powerful/altered version of the spell, but I thought I'd ask.

2) Why was I asking? Tutsan was flying 40' above the ground at the time the body was found. If he's inside the antimagic area, he could be in trouble...

Looks like we have a tough fight on our hands :)

Although I am confused about the antimagic field, since they must have set the trap up pretty quickly, but hopefully Kaz can get to the bottom of it IC...kinda funny though about his disguise being affected, wasn't planning on *that* happening for a while :) A more detailed description of him later prolly.

Edit-Oh Yeah, can *none* of us see any parts of our assailants?

Last edited:

Remove ads