• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Challange of the Orcs!

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Hi gang,
I had this dream that would make a great idea for a challenge.

Here is the concept. Grumush (Spelling?) the Orc god has been defeated again by the Elven god. He calls upon the other evil creature gods to make over some of his followers. (Or they take some of the Orcs as payment for their “help” to the Orc god.).

Create these Orc offshoots. What would the Spider Queen do to Orcs under her control? Or Vecna?
Dificulty… Don’t just slap a template on them, actually create them with some thought.

Grimm/Argent

SilverFoxKnows

First Post
I'm working on the crunch but here's the flavor...

Butagga studied the young warrior with his one eye. The lad was a mountain of muscle, a full head taller than any warrior in the tribe. It was said he could sunder an Elven shield with his bare hands. And the War Chief assured him the boy’s lack of battle scars was the result of his prowess with the double axe. He was a fine warrior, perhaps the finest in a generation. He would, no doubt, become a War Chief when he matured.

It pained Butagga to risk this champion of the Orcish way on a desperate gamble with an unproven ally. The priests of Malar claimed they could turn a common warrior into an engine of destruction. What, then, could they do with an uncommon warrior? If the Malarites were true to their word the tribe would have a warrior that could not be defeated. If they lied the tribe would lose its last hope.

Each day the tribe was losing ground to the greedy Elves. They could not repel the raids much longer. It was a risk the War Chief said must be taken.

“What is your name, boy?”

“Marak”.

Even the boy’s voice was impressive, like the sound of war drums.

“You have been chosen, Marak, by He Who Watches to save your tribe from the Elven menace. This is a great honor but it may involve great sacrifice. What are you prepared to sacrifice?”

“To save my people I would give up the strength in my right arm”.

He held up an arm that was thicker than one of Butagga’s legs.

“Good, good. But let’s pray it doesn’t come to that.”

SilverFoxKnows

First Post
And on to the numbers...

1. Gains the Rage ability. If the Orc already possesses the Rage ability he gains one Rage per day.

2. Bonus Feats: Endurance and DieHard

3. +2 natural armor

4. two claw attacks for 1d6 + Str and one bite for 1d4 + 1/2 Str

5. Fast Healing: 2 hit points per round

6. Gains the Scent ability

Last edited:

SilverFoxKnows

First Post
returning to the story

Marak collapsed to his hands and knees, exhausted. He didn’t recognize the face reflected in the spreading pool of blood. It was bestial, with the snout of a war dog and the tusks of a wild boar. Was it his? He didn’t remember. Just as he didn’t recall dismembering the Goblins that lay around the cave in unnatural poses. The smell of blood made it hard to think. He lifted a hand to wipe the blood out of his eyes.

“What happened to my hands?”

His strong fingers now ended in wicked talons. Pieces of flesh and hair were stuck to them with crimson glue.

“Where am I?”

“You’re in Malar’s den”.

Marak sprung to his feet but his legs felt weak. In the gloom of the cave his Orcish eyes found the stranger and he let out a snarl. The Malarite spoke Orcish but he was no Orc. Nor was he exactly Human. He reminded Marak of a wolf, thin waisted with a powerful chest and amber eyes that didn’t miss a thing. His shaggy hair looked more like fur and his canines were enlarged enough to be called fangs. He wore the shape of a Man but he was Beast in his heart.

“Who are you? What do you want?”

“I am Huntmaster Demoro. I’m the one who bestowed Malar’s gift to you. How do you feel?”

Remove ads