• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Call for Players] IC Goblin game

dreamthief

First Post
Anyone interested in an In character game with Goblin characters? Looking for 4 players. 1st level, 30 point buy, adjustments as per DMG:
-2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Cha, Small, +4 Move Silently.
I have access to the splatbooks but sorry not to Psionics or FRCS.

They're part of a tribe of goblins that is trying to 'integrate' with your standard races, and have been given rights to roam in cities freely (eg: Dwarves aren't supposed to knock them over), though most of the time they're treated as 2nd class citizens. Now this band of goblins has decided to show the world that they're legit. Why should fancy armored types be the only one to slay dragons, save maidens and secure great treasure? Goblins can do the same, and you're the group to show them!

IF you survive the adventures ahead... that is.

Thanks... enough players right now.

Last edited:

dreamthief

First Post
Well just do up a character of any class according to the racial adjustments given and put it up here. One more thing, no evil chars please...

Dog Faced God

First Post
I've got a goblin barbarian that I'd like to play, if'n you'll have me. How much more of a background would you like to see for your game?

Goubido, male goblin Bbn1: Size S (3 ft., 5 in. tall);
HD 1d12+2; hp 14; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 40 ft.;
AC 16 (+2 Dex, +2 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Size);
Attack +3 melee, or +4 ranged;
SV Fort +2, Ref +2, Will -1; AL NG;
Str 13, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 16.

Languages Spoken: Goblin.

Skill points: Bbn 12
Skills and feats: Gather information +4, Handle animal +4, Jump +2,
Listen +0, Move silently +6, Spot -1, Wilderness lore +0;

Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Whip.

dreamthief

First Post
Interesting.. how about some history and background? Cha is 16 .. hmm unusual for a gob. You sure you don't want to make some stat changes? There need to be some ability adjustments as outlined in the first post as well.

Basically the premise is this:

The goblin lord Nitzuk has done the impossible. He's managed to persuade the 'civilized' races that gobs aren't always evil never-do-wells. His assortment of goblins culled from different tribes has established a small community (around 200-300) in the city of Hartelgon, where they have the same rights as any other citizens.

Right now, in the Tavern of the Broken Thighbone, the roughest watering hole in town, a bunch of gobs has gathered together listening to yet ANOTHER ode to some party of adventurers wiping out a dragon and amassing its horde. Why not them, they asked themselves... why not now? Little did they know that if they didn't find adventure, adventure would find them... even if it had to kick them in the butt to do so!

Mirth

Explorer
dreamthief,

I know that you said that you don't have access to the PsiHB, but now that I'm looking, I kinda want to play a Blue (Psionic Goblin). Is there any way you could borrow the book from a friend or could I post the info here for you? If not, then I'll work on something else, but the Blue is calling to me...

Thanks,

Jay

garyh

First Post
Ashgyad Jev

Here's my Goblin Conjurer!!

Ashgyad Jev
Male Goblin Con1: Size S (3 ft., 2 in. tall); HD 1d4+2; hp 6; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 14 (+3 Dex, +1 Size); Attack +1 melee, or +4 ranged; SV Fort +2 (+4 w/familiar), Ref +3, Will +3; AL CN; Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 6.

Languages Spoken: Common, Goblin, Draconic, Gnome, Orc.

Skill points: Wiz 20
Skills and feats: Concentration +6, Craft (Trapmaking) +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +7, Knowledge (The Planes) +7, Spellcraft +7, Point Blank Shot, Scribe Scroll

Prohibited School: Evocation
Spells Known: All non-Evocation Cantrips, 1st - Burning Hands, Expeditious Retreat, Grease, Mage Armor, Sleep, Summon Monster I

Spells Per Day: 0th - 3+1, 1st - 2+1, DC = 13 + Spell Level. Typically Prepared Spells: 0th - Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Ray of Frost, Read Magic. 1st - Mage Armor, Sleep, Summon Monster I

Possessions: Daggers (2), Light Crossbow, Spellbook, Crossbow Bolts (20), Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Trail Rations (2 days), Sack, Spell Component Pouch, Torch, Trapmaker's Tools, Waterskin, Traveler's Outfit, 33 GP, 7 SP, 9 CP

Familiar: Zix, Rat. HP 3, AC 15, Bite +4, damage 1, Speed 15, Alertness, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link

Once apprenticed to the clan trapmaker, a visiting Half-Orc Wizard saw Ashgyad's potential and took him for his own apprentice. The Half-Orc, Jharzun Fire Eye, knew the ease with which the spark of magic could be ignored in a "fringe" humanoid, and was determined to turn Ashgyad into a wizard. For Ashgyad's part - who was he to say "no" to a hulking Half-Orc who could turn him into a toad? Eventually, Conjuration did strike his fancy, and he was fascinated by the realms from which conjured creatures come (OOC, I'm aiming at Alienist, from TaB). Now, he seeks to master his skills, and perhaps one day take a goblin apprentice of his own.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads