• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Board Games - Anyone Interested?

Krizzel

First Post
KitanaVorr said:

Hey who won the last time we played with them? Did we win? It felt like it lasted forever and I do remember doing much damage.

I know we made an alliance behind everyone's back. I think I promised you a marriage of convience or something quite sneaky so you wouldn't attack my flank while I went on a rampage. I remember being really into the diplomacy thing. Still didn't trust you to not attack me though...lol...still don't...hehe....:p ;) :D

I never attack anyone who pledges to serve as a vassal to my eternal domination of the galaxy. It just wouldn't be nice.

Krizzel

First Post
Corlon said:
but board games on enworld would just be kinda strange...

plus you like to keep nuclear cards secret

and if you said what it was then...

Strange? Nah, board games and RPGs go together like burgers and soda - good on their own but they compliment each other nicely as well.

Having the cards face up would change things of course, but I don't think it would ruin it at all. Things would be very interesting if you knew your opponent had a powerful card - perhaps you wouldn't want to anger him. And say you have a powerful card and your opponent has a trump card - will he use it to defeat your card, or save it for someone else's?

Krizzel

First Post
garyh said:
That is, as we refer to it in political science, "deterence," Krizzel. :)

:p Two R's

:D

Have you ever seen the movie, Deterrence?

See, I can even hijack my own thread

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Krizzel said:

:p Two R's

:D

Have you ever seen the movie, Deterrence?

See, I can even hijack my own thread

Spelling error? Why, looking at my post, I don't see WHAT you're talking about. ;)

And nope, haven't seen the movie.

Krizzel

First Post
garyh said:

Spelling error? Why, looking at my post, I don't see WHAT you're talking about. ;)

And nope, haven't seen the movie.

It's a decent movie, if you like the "should we push the button or not" genre. The President gets stuck (snowed in, IIRC) at a diner somewhere, while one of the "are they attacking us or is it a mistake" crises crops up. I can't remember at the moment what the eventual decision made was (though I wouldn't say as it'd spoil the movie), but you get interesting viewpoints on the whole thing from the President, his advisors, secret service, and the 'average citizens' who happened to be in the diner at the time.

Anyway, back on track:

Who wants to conquer Europe? Dominate the galaxy? Plunder a dungeon? Anyone?

Crothian

First Post
A&A Europe is a great gam, if you like it you might want to take a look at Axis and Allkies Pacific. My friends and I play them at least once a week for the past 3 months. It's sort of like the board game and bitch about gaming night, it's seems to be a tradition. :D

GruTheWanderer

First Post
reapersaurus said:
I think for legendary wargaming, especially with a fantasy element, a game that's right up an online-playing alley would be Titan.

Have always loved the idea of this game, and have always had trouble getting people to sit down and play it. Might look into the existence of the online version. I don't know where my physical copy went.

reapersaurus

Explorer
GruTheWanderer said:
Have always loved the idea of this game, and have always had trouble getting people to sit down and play it. Might look into the existence of the online version. I don't know where my physical copy went.
let me look for the online version of Titan i saw awhile ago...

I think it did the rolls for you, helped give you move options, etc.

Seemed VERY cool.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads