• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Best epic destiny for Storm Sorcerers?

Roseweave

Explorer
I've been struggling to find one I'm 100% about, but Emergent Primordial seems very cool and works well for an elementally themed character, and a nice damage boost for strikers. The transformation is fun too as I like my characters to have those, but I'm also having troubling forming an actual plot around "becomes Kaiju". She's already a (refluffed Hengeyokai) Aranea so a monster girl as is, so it's not out of left field. Of course I'll be refluffing Emergent Primordial too to something slightly different too.

Originally I was looking at Draconic Incarnation which is supposed to be sorcerer oriented - but mechanically, other than having a cool death feature, it's not that great. The transformation just gives you an extra(admittedly quite strong) at will. I do like that it gives a double stat boost though(since I have dominant winds my effective movement is keyed off my dex).

Are there any other good suggestions? A lot of the strong ones are kind of boring and I'd rather have something that's interesting and inspires me.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Well I like Draconic Incarnation I kind of wish that level 30 was a level 28 effect though... two extra high level Dailies is pretty damn sweet would like a couple of levels to play through with it.

Roseweave

Explorer
yeah, a lot of the time games end pretty quickly at level 30. depends on the game though - some of them might carry on if the level cap is reached because people enjoy the character and stories.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Are there any other good suggestions? A lot of the strong ones are kind of boring and I'd rather have something that's interesting and inspires me.
This is actually why I have been recently thinking in terms of building my own. I love the abstraction of the Thief of legend and centering it around a skill so I made one centered around History.

Roseweave

Explorer
Thief of Legend is very cool, though my character is maybe not the "Masterful" thief sort and more into the petty stuff haha. Her sister would take that though.

I really like Magister, though it's of limited used to my specific character.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Thief of Legend is very cool, though my character is maybe not the "Masterful" thief sort and more into the petty stuff haha. Her sister would take that though.

I really like Magister, though it's of limited used to my specific character.
Again that 30th level is interesting 2 instant rituals daily...
Prince of Hell with a teleport speed with burning hell fire is also pretty interesting.

The two attribute thing maybe should be standard with everyone getting flavorful things along side of it.

Roseweave

Explorer
My character only has mark of storm rituals sadly, though being able to summon winds as a standard action is pretty amusing and dramtic. We also hoiuseruled in Sundred Skies, it makes sense to have any storm related rituals.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
My character only has mark of storm rituals sadly, though being able to summon winds as a standard action is pretty amusing and dramtic. We also hoiuseruled in Sundred Skies, it makes sense to have any storm related rituals.
I was thinking of an instant teleport ritual and similar tbh

Picture it as the Wizard of Oz Tornado instantly sweeping you away if you like

Last edited:

Roseweave

Explorer
You can only use Rituals you've mastered! obviously i could take ritual master or something if i'm really stuck for a level 30 feat but still.

Personally I'm a strong advocate of affording characters flavour rituals/martial practices where it makes sense for that character.

Roseweave

Explorer
You can only use Rituals you've mastered! obviously i could take ritual master or something if i'm really stuck for a level 30 feat but still.

Personally I'm a strong advocate of affording characters flavour rituals/martial practices where it makes sense for that character.

Remove ads