• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Bard is the biggest mystery in the 5.75e PHB

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
We can call them "SRD 5.2", since it's been announced that a new SRD version 5.2 is coming out with the rules. It's the closest to official we'll get.

I just call it 5R (pronounced "Fiver", so distinct from "Five-E"), since they've used Revamped and Revised as adjectives descripting the rules at various points.
Yeah, now that they’ve announced the revised rules are going into CC under SRD 5.2, I plan to refer to this ruleset as 5.2, since that’s the closest we’ll get to an official name for it. I’m sure most people are just going to continue calling it whatever they want to call it, and it’ll be as confusing as ever. But 5.2 works for me.

Anothing I get from the DnDbeyond article:
They don't want to release the SRD before all the 2024 books are in place, because some rule revisions depend on each other.
This is one reason I assumed why they scrapped the individual purchases of the dndbeyond marketplace.
Buying just some parts of the rules might pose a problem when the 2024 books come out.
(Allthough it would be sufficient to just disable this for the 2024 PHB, but just imagine the outcry if the 2024 PHB is the only book not having individual purchase options... "WotC evil greedy just wanting our money...")

bmfrosty

Explorer
On the other hand, people go through more Monsters and DM materials like maps than they do player characters.
My issue is that the whole tact is to get players who don't DM to buy more books. I guess what players do is dependent on their involvement and interest in the game. When I was doing 5th edition, I was a mostly player, but I was invested enough that I kept buying books out of a hoarding type behavior.

Remove ads