• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I expect I'll go where I can find games. There are several I want to play and maybe this OGL thing will get some people in my area to lead Blades in the Dark, Flames of Freedom and Twilight: 2000.

Jadeite

Hero
I'm currently checking the Pathfinder 2 PDFs I got a while ago through Humble Bundles. And then there's Exalted, Trinity, Scion, CofD, They came from ..., Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Midgard and several other systems.

Retreater

Legend
Group A: Will continue with 5e for the duration of the current campaign [or until Roll20 ceases, as this is an online game]. After that, I will hang up the DM's hat with this group and take a sabbatical.

Group B: We're in the process of an AP of Pathfinder 2E. I hope to be able to complete it [depending on if Foundry survives]. If Foundry VTT goes - because I can't get an in-person game of 2E in my area, that system will basically be over for me.

Group C: We're in the middle of a 5e campaign. Likely we'll be doing Curse of Strahd next. As I already own the books, I'm fine sticking with the current system.

But please don't misunderstand me. I really hate what's going on, and I won't be supporting WotC going forward. So they're getting nothing financially from me. I will continue to buy products from indie and 3PPs even though I'm running 5e.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I was never on a ship to begin with. To my mind "D&D" and "what WotC (or any other publisher) might print" are not synonymous. I'll keep playing D&D, whether it is 5E, some amalgam of previous editions, or some wholly homebrewed thing for me and my friends. I just probably won't be buying any new WotC while this regime/policy remains in effect.

Remove ads