• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Any 1e (or 2e) iconic dungeons that never made it to the top 30 list in dungeon magazine?

Greggy C

Hero
you could always go the gonzo route of H1-H4. It is the Bloodstone series. The historic climax of all things Forgotten Realms where you go to the outer planes and the Abyss to fight it's minions and Lords in H4, the Throne of Bloodstone. Good way to die. Gonzo out the wazoo. You are trying to defeat Orcus (or steal his stuff) if you can. It's for levels 18-100.
I got that the last of the H1 box sets that is not $800 lol. That set looks super fun, anything with demons and devils is a hit with me.

guachi

Hero
UK2 and 3 (The Sentinel and Gauntlet) should be on that list. They often get left off, and they are top 10 modules.

The art for UK2 and 3 are terrible but the modules are outstanding. Most of the output by the TSR UK team is great. I bought copies off eBay in 2015 of UK2 & 3, U1, and B10 and ran them all in the same campaign I ran X4 & 5 mentioned above.

UK2 & 3, like the other adventures from TSR UK that I ran (U1 and B10) have a coherence and believability that make them easy to run and easy to place in your world.

The danger in UK2 and 3 build nicely and the attack by the Fire Giant and his hordes is quite epic. The players were battered and bruised and they still weren't done. Made defeating the BBEG in one round (one attack, really) immensely satisfying. Getting a nat 20 by the PC who has The Sentinel glove will do that.

Definitely recommend the two modules.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
I've been wracking my brain to figure out what's been missing.

night-below-box-set-12-b.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads