• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

Cheap housing, where is there left cheap housing?
Cheap is relative. Here in Miami, cheap is a $400K studio. You'll probably have to fight the rat gangs that have invaded the building, and you'll need to put up another $100K as these building have their inspections are due. This comes along with the $100K price because the building is probably about to collapse, as a lot of the older, and even newer, buildings here in Miami are about to do. You could also move to central Florida, where you can get a sprawling 5/3 house with a pool and an acre of yard for $300 or less. You just have to figh off the gangs of alligators that run the tow. Also, you'd be living in Florida, so that's terrible enough.

Regarding AI stealing jobs, yeah, it happens with improvements in technology. There will be huge swaths of people who will lose their jobs as AI takes over those jobs. Many jobs are going to change. It's unfortunate for the people who currently hold those jobs, but there will be new job opportunities created. There will be rough transition period, but it's not anything that hasn't happened before. It's unfortunate for those who it happens to; however, it's not going to be an overnight thing. There are jobs that are going to be easier to replace. They will lost much faster, but there are still plenty of jobs which will take time for AI to be able to replace them.

Jahydin

Hero
It’s going to get very very weird and soon.

We will literally have AI psychotherapists for all but a few who want to meet in person. A lot of things we really think “must” have a person will be reproducible with AI.

Everyone is talking about the loss of jobs. I am concerned about the lack of need to do something. We are wired to hunt gather and survive. Even dogs need purpose.
Reminds me of Nietzsche's warning of the destructive nihilism that would follow with the collapse of religion since it props up so much of our morality.

Not sure how much I agree, but if AI ever proves it can express humanity just as good/better than humans, I'm curious if that is what breaks our collective spirits.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Reminds me of Nietzsche's warning of the destructive nihilism that would follow with the collapse of religion since it props up so much of our morality.

Not sure how much I agree, but if AI ever proves it can express humanity just as good/better than humans, I'm curious if that is what breaks our collective spirits.
It’s funny…it’s bad to lose a job but I am more worried about people losing their purpose…

It’s a new frontier. Get robots going and fusions and?

Religion is not even close to collapsing.

Remove ads