• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Just [MENTION=68988]On Puget Sound[/MENTION] and [MENTION=86793]pacdidj[/MENTION] left. I'm assuming [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] is using Bellegon's previous actions as stated; let me know otherwise.

On Puget Sound

First Post
As the assassin's construct guardian is knocked down by the druid's conjured wind, Ryk notices that it is heavily damaged and decides to take a moment to try to finish it off. He studies the metal dog for a weak spot before throwing his weapon, and grins in satisfaction as he hits a vital mechanism. The construct stiffens and falls over.

I am halfling, but I'm no Jorasco. Someone else will have to help Ir'Haran!

MINOR: quarry ID, dropping quarry on TR - just noticed I can, since the dog was not slid farther away after all. However, I didn't include the -2 attack for ranged vs prone. Ignore the wording on the quarry die roll, since it applies to ID.
STANDARD: twin strike vs ID (can't quarry it, since TR is closer now). Hit for what looks like 11, which should just exactly kill it!

[sblock="status: Duck, incoming hot metal parts!"]
surges 0/6
HP 13/38 Bloodied
action point: USED
second wind: AVAILABLE but no surges
enc/ dailies used:
Partnered Savaging
Paired Predators
Second Chance

Spring: HP 6/46, surges 0/2 Bloodied
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
Crush steps in and grabs the bleeding, burning lord, throws him over his shoulders and begins to march him away from the heat of the flames. "Must not... lose any more... men," the warforged puffs, obviously straining under the weight of the armored noble.

[sblock=Crush actions and stats]Move = to E11

Minor = pickup Lord ir'Haran

Move = to G12 (I'm assuming Lord ir'Haran weighs more than 135 lbs, and Crush is therefore slowed)

[sblock=statblock]Crush—Male Warforged Warlord 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21, Fort: 17, Reflex: 13, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 16/41 + 7 THP, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
:bmelee:Vengeful Longsword +1: +10 vs. AC, 1d8+5 dmg
:branged:Distance Handaxe +1: +9 vs. AC, 1d6+5 dmg
Powers -
Furious Smash
Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord's Strike
Myrmidon Formation
Inspired Belligerence
Fearless Rescue
Inspiring Word
Inspiring Word
Warforged Resolve

Adamant's Unshakable Stance
Vengeful Longsword +1
Veteran's Chainmail +2
Razor Light Shield
Distance Handaxe +1

Important Effects for Allied Characters:
* Any ally who can see Crush regains 6 HP when they spend an action point, and may roll a saving throw with a +2 bonus
* Each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear Crush gets +2 to initiative[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: Crush has no healing effects left, and isn't trained in heal. Anyone got the skill bonus to make a stabilize the dying check?

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= OOC]
>Looks like Rikka has the best Heal check (untrained +7). On the other hand, looking over sheets, it looks like Ryk has some healing potions...
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
It would be good to know whether the lord has healing surges, and the second wind ability. If he has both, a DC10 heal check will stand him up. If he has a surge but no SW, a potion will stand him up, or a DC15 heal check will stabilize him. If he has neither, then only the DC15 heal check will work.

stonegod

OOC: Workload just upped due to sick person so update delayed until Thurs/Fri. I can tell you that 1) The Lord had 1 HS, 2) he used it when he took a healing potion, and 3) Doesn't have a second wind (like most Monsters)

stonegod

Assassination! Round 11

As the fire burns the dark elf, he calls his patrons to sear the assassin's mind. However, with her companion close, she fends off the attack. He curses and retreats from the flames.

[Spiteful Glamor misses as TR is adjacent to TR still.]

Rikka attempts to put out the fire, only to catch the Lord. She manages to push him away, but Twinrose's glee is impossible to miss.

Vok circles around to attack, but the fire distracts his charging blow. Ryk throws his boomerang to take out the construct. He dings it, but it still is active.

[Can't quarry ID; TR is still closer. First attack misses, second hits.]

Crush drags the Lord away, keeping him from the flames.

NO! He's mine, construct! The fire consumes her protector with nary a sound other than collapsing metal. Enraged and burned herself, she charges heedlessly at the construct, her frantic movements too fast for Vok's retaliation. Crush is too slow to move his burden aside and she lands a blow, causing blood to squirt rapidly from the wound.

[TR & ID hit by fire; ID dead. TR charges; Vok's OA misses. TR attacks vs Lord (has Cover from Crush, but +1 to charge vs -5 defenses from unconscious means she hits: 11 damage. Lord fails second death save.]

[Map Update Later]

Assassination! Round 12
[sblock=Maps]Update coming
There are stairs to get up to the stage (which is 5' up). The line indicates a higher level in the back that is difficult terrain to get up. Pillars provide cover for those next to them; you cannot move through tables. Red areas are on fire; starting in or adjacent at beginning of turn, or moving through means you are subject to an attack: +9 vs Ref, 1d8+5 fire damage[/sblock]Combat Details

TR: 48/154; AC 21, Fort 20, Ref 18 , Will 19 (all +2 when ID adjacent); Cursed, Rik's Quarry, bloodied; Inspirational Authority, AP, and Hesitation used
ID: Destroyed
MW: dead
CP: dead
L1: Dead
L2: Dead
L3: Dead
L4: Dead

Status

Bellegon: 6/45; 4 charges, bloodied, 2 HS used, Second Wind
Rikka: 18/40; Thorn Spray used
Vok 12/51; bloodied, Second Wind used, -2 HS, +1 hit TR
Ryk 13/38, bloodied
Spring 6/46, bloodied
Crush: 16+7/41; Bloodied, Warlord's strike used, Myrmidon Formation used, 2 IW used, Vengeful Longsword used
Lord ir'Haran: -40/136; dying, 2 failed death saves.

Last edited:

OOC: [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], will there be a map soon or should we just follow the text?

[MENTION=86793]pacdidj[/MENTION], I think you should try to heal the lord regardless of low skill (mine is 2) - I'll work on killing her and/or keeping her off your back (if there is a place to stand without suffering fire damage) - [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], maybe Vok could Lay on Hands?

stonegod

OOC: One map, hot off the presses.
[sblock=Mappy Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Award12.jpg
    Award12.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 180

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk moves to Crush and inspects the dying noble in his arms, trusting to his allies to keep the frenzied assassin at bay. He pulls a healing potion from his battle harness, but quickly realizes it will do the man no good. Like Ryk and Spring, ir'Haran has no reserves left to call on. Still, I have to wash his wounds with something... it couldn't hurt, and maybe it will help. He pours the healing potion onto the worst of the injuries and ties a pressure bandage to stop some of the bleeding.

Whether the potion works or not, Ryk's ministrations are effective. The noble's breathing resumes a normal rhythm, and though he does not awaken, he looks less pale.

As he looks up from his patient, Ryk realizes he's attracted the fanatic's attention, and without even a weapon in his hand. With no other recourse, he tries reason. The Brelander will live to tell his side of the tale. If you want your side heard, lay down your arms and I swear you will live to tell it.

MOVE: Ryk to H12, Spring stays where he is.
FREE: draw a healing potion (battle harness)
STANDARD: Heal check to stabilize, hoping for a circumstance bonus for wasting a healing potion... this magicky stuff has to be good for something!

[sblock="status: sometimes a "20" really is your best friend!"]
surges 0/6
HP 13/38 Bloodied
action point: USED
second wind: AVAILABLE but no surges
enc/ dailies used:
Partnered Savaging
Paired Predators
Second Chance

Spring: HP 6/46, surges 0/2 Bloodied
[/sblock]

Last edited: