• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Rivenblight's Castaway [Creamsteak judging]

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik suggests, "Maybe a wagon sponsored by a minor jeweller? Or a small-time spice merchant? Someone with a valuable cargo, you see, that can't afford too many guards."

He furrows his brow. "By the way, do you have any reason to believe that the merchants were betrayed? Or do you think it was just bandits taking an opportunity presented?"

Sparky

Ioleta again watches the proceedings with little to say. Though, this time it seems not out of deference to the more veteran folk, nor out of nervousness. She seems subdued and thoughtful. She suffers the sidelong glances at her companions quietly, looking meek and a little... distant.

Creamsteak

Explorer
(I'm making a real quick post that I'll be judging this game. Go ahead and edit my name into the thread title when you get a chance.)

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Daggreth frowns. "Travellers are always happy 'bout extra hands for free, if they know they kin trust 'em. Our word'll do that. But damned if I can remember off the top of my head if anything of ours is going off that way." He shrugs. "I kin check the records."

At Velbrik's question, he grunts. "Mebbe, but I doubt it. Or at least not all the time. They've gotten lucky in a good way as often as a bad way- y'know, hittin' a rich-lookin' guy who banks his gold, that sorta thing."

Sparky

Ioleta nods at the questions coming from the others. Good questions, those, need to make myself useful here... can't seem to be a total flake... She chimes in at last, standing forward from the shadows where she had inadvertently taken refuge - from human eyes, anyway, "Is there anything unusual about these bandits? Something we might use against them? We know a little, but if there's anything, anything at all, it might prove useful."

She missed Vagan's briefing in the common room of the Red Dragon and is a little sketchy on the details. Even if fully briefed by the group, she'd want to hear Daggreth's assessment of their mark in any case. She cocks her head and studies the dwarf with sidelong glances of her own at her companions.

doghead

thotd
Jaan considers Ioleta's question. A bit of a shot in the dark that - but then, thats how you get lucky. I always do tend to play it safe. This could be an interesting commision ...

ooc: just popped in to say hello.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi's expression becomes one of one deep in thought for a long moment, and he leans harder against the wall.

"Y'know, I'm startin' ta not like th' looks a this." He says. "There's too many questions... like how an elf, a woman, could lead a bunch a human guys ta banditry? It just doesn't make sense, y'know? How is she handlin' 'em? Why are they listenin' ta 'er? Or is she just along fer th' ride, an' only looks like she's in charge...?"

He shakes his head. "Man, I'm gettin' nervous jus' messin' around here. Let's get what we need an' head out soon... th' sooner we're out there an' findin' out what we're dealin' with, th' better I'll feel."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Daggreth nods in agreement with Troi. "If'n I was one of the blackgaurds, I wouldn't follow no Elf, come hell or high water." He bares his teeth again. "'Course, I'm a tad biased."

"Anyway, sure, I'll check the records if'n ye still want," says Daggerth, who turns towards the trapdoor, pauses a moment, and turns back. "Want me t' go git them, or would some of ye like to come down and see for yourself?"

Last edited:

Remove ads