• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the notice, garyh. That means I'll only have to NPC Hrav once on Sunday the 17th. Now if covaithe ends up posting for Quagmire before tomorrow night, we'll officially have the whole party active and on the new weekly schedule! ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
-----
The little gob continues to channel electricity at the bugs. "Dang't says die!" But his exuberance does not translate to accuracy. His electrical attacks miss the enemy.

-----
Girth's screamed with joy as his mistresses darkness seared the flesh of the opposing beasts. His pleasure was cut short however as, when he tried to maintain the debilitating cloud, the large kruthik which remained seemed unaffected. Still angry he tried once more to employ the fell arts of His Lady against his target. A horrible keening noise issued from his throat - a noise which no human should have been able to produce. The remaining adult kruthik winced visibly as the sound struck home. "Good! Good!" muttered the warlock as he skipped away from the newly arrived hatchlings. The one hatchling within reach of him before he moves, lashes out in an attempt to injure the elf before he gets away. It misses him though.

-----
*Kauldron's armor rang out as claw meant steel over and over again. His footwork was smooth and fast. He lured the three into a position better suited to his needs. He chuckled as he slipped around the back of one of the three flailing Kruthik.*

"COME ON YEE BUGGERS!! YEE GOT NOTHING!"

*He called out turning to keep the Kruthiks attention away from the other members of his crew. He weaved and ducked some more. During the fray he some how managed to kick up his fallen cigar into his fingers. He grinned as he placed it back into his mouth.*

"Yeah much better. Can't have that going to waste."

*With a new bellow of cigar smoke his blade flashed forwards and cuts into the kruthiks tough hide. Divine fire engulfing it as his holy light hits.*

(Kauldron takes 2 damage from kruthik gnashing horde aura x1)

-----
Hrav moves over to where Kauldron just was, and uses Beryk's presence as a distraction to finish off a hatchling.
(Okay, trying to puzzle this out. He said attack was to finish off a Hatchling at L13. L13 is inside a wall. Maybe he meant K13, but that is a Kruthik Young, not a Hatchling and 21 damage won't finish it off. I'm going to assume he meant the Young at K13 since that is both the closest and in the right direction of the square he indicated.)

(Hrav takes 8 damage from kruthik gnashing horde aura x4)

-----
Beyrk swings his songblade at the hatchling behind him, but the maneuver proves too difficult for the large hobgoblin.

(Beyrk takes 6 damage from kruthik gnashing horde aura x3)

-----
(NPCing Quagmire) Quagmire swings his blade at the big bug nearest him, but its chitinous armor just manages to turn the force of the blow aside.
Quagmire Wolf Pack Tactics vs. Kruthik Adult 2 @H11 vs. AC 17. (1d20+10=16, 1d8+4=10)

(Quagmire takes 2 damage from kruthik gnashing horde aura x1)

-----------------------------------------------------------

--The remaining adult Kruthik does not recharge it's Toxic Spikes again.

--The Adult Kruthik moves away Quagmire, but the Hobgoblin gives it a nasty slash for ignoring him.. Then it moves to and through the nearby wall to attack at Kauldron from behind, but the goblin stabs his short sword into the creature as it emerges from the wall stopping it dead in its tracks. (Quagmire OA hits Adult 2 for 11 dmg, and Kauldron's OA hits the Adult for 9 damage, killing it.)

--The young Kruthik shift forward to attack Kauldron in force. Again though, none of the 3 are able to hit the brave Goblin.

--The two hatchlings burn with desire to attack Kauldron, knowing they would die if they couldn't strike at the goblin. They scuttle by Hrav and Beyrk so quickly that the two never have a chance to hit them as they make their way to surround Kauldron. Neither of them can breach the tough gob's armor.

-------------------------------------------------

Your turns again...

[sblock=Die rolls]Quagmire OA at Adult Kruthik AC17 (1d20+10=28, 1d8+4=11)

Kauldron OA at Adult Kruthik AC17 (1d20+8=19, 1d6+4=9)

Young Kruthik 1, 2, and 3 Claw attack at Kauldron AC21. (1d20+5=12, 1d8+2=9, 1d20+5=16, 1d8+2=5, 1d20+5=12, 1d8+2=10)

Beyrk and Hrav OA's at Hatchlings AC15 as they move by. (1d20+5=12, 1d8+1=3, 1d20+12=13, 1d10+6=15)

Hatchling 2 and 4 claw attack at Kauldron AC21 for 4 damage if either of them hit. (1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=14)[/sblock][sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Party current/total HP's (future/total hp's), [current/total HS's]; conditions
Hrav: 38/51, [8/8]; @J13;
Quagmire: 42/46, [9/9]; @G12;
Girth: 50/50, [10/10]; @I19; Concealment(TENT)
Dang't: 37/37, [8/8]; @J17;
Beyrk: 34/40, [11/11]; @J14;
Kauldron: 38/35, [10/12]; @K11; Virtuous Strike=+2 bonus to saving throws teKnt.

Milestones: .5 (0 AP's awarded today)

Enemy current(future)/total HP's/conditions:
*All Kruthiks--Divine Sanction until end of Kauldron's next turn.
Kruthik Adult 1; -14/67 hp; Dead
Kruthik Adult 2; -2/67 hp; Dead
Kruthik Young 1; J11; 20/43 hp; Bloodied, vulnerable 5 radiant teKnt
Kruthik Young 2; J12; 14/43 hp; Bloodied; vulnerable 5 radiant teKnt
Kruthik Young 3; K12; 11/43 hp; Bloodied; vulnerable 5 radiant teKnt
Kruthik Hatchling 1; -3/1 hp; Dead
Kruthik Hatchling 2; J10; 1/1 hp;
Kruthik Hatchling 3; Last seen at M4; 1/1 hp;
Kruthik Hatchling 4;K10; 1/1 hp;

All Kruthik
-Gnashing Horde (Aura 1): An enemy that ends its turn within the aura takes 2 damage.

-Divine Sanction: Creatures are Marked taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls and 10 RADIANT damage if they target a character other then Kauldron.[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]Kruthik Hatchling Level 2 Minion
Small natural beast (reptile)
Initiative +3
Senses Perception +0; low-light vision,
tremorsense 10
Gnashing Horde aura 1; an enemy that ends its turn in the aura
takes 2 damage.
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 15; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 12
Speed 8, burrow 2 (tunneling), climb 8
:bmelee:Claw (standard; at-will) +5 vs. AC; 4 damage.
Alignment Unaligned Languages
Str 13 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Wis 10 (+0)
Con 13 (+1) Int 4 (–3) Cha 6 (–2)

Kruthik Young Level 2 Brute
Small natural beast (reptile)
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1; low-light vision,
tremorsense 10
takes 2 damage.
HP 43; Bloodied 21
AC 15; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11
Speed 8, burrow 2, climb 8
:bmelee:Claw (standard; at-will) +5 vs. AC; 1d8 + 2 damage.
Str 15 (+3) Dex 16 (+4) Wis 10 (+1)
Con 13 (+2) Int 4 (–2) Cha 6 (–1)

Kruthik Adult Level 4 Brute
Medium natural beast (reptile)
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +4; low-light vision,
tremorsense 10
takes 2 damage.
HP 67; Bloodied 33
AC 17; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 13
Speed 6, burrow 3 (tunneling), climb 6
:bmelee:Claw (standard; at-will) +8 vs. AC; 1d10 + 3 damage.
:ranged:Toxic Spikes (standard; recharge :5::6: ) * Poison
The kruthik makes 2 attacks against two different targets:
ranged 5; +7 vs. AC; 1d8 + 4 damage, and the target takes
ongoing 5 poison damage and is slowed (save ends both).
Str 17 (+5) Dex 18 (+6) Wis 12 (+4)
Con 17 (+5) Int 4 (–1) Cha 8 (+1)[/sblock]

Attachments

• RR8 Hive 3.JPG
    RR8 Hive 3.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 282

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire closes with the insectile foe, trying to relieve some of the pressure on Kauldron, but his attack serves only as a distraction for Hrav to take a better position.

[sblock=ooc]Move: to I11.
Standard: wolf pack tactics against the one in J12; Hrav can shift 1 before the attack. I've rolled assuming he'll go to K13 for the flank. 1d20+10+2=15 vs AC for 8 damage, which presumably misses.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
Girth quickly considered the situation surrounding Kaudron and came to a painful decision.

He pointed his rod at the nearest Young and, as his eyes rolled back into his head, he called down a terrible fate upon it. "Curse you, I will. Death follows soon."

Then his eyes snapped open and he called out "Sorry I be, friend Kaudron but light your cigar I must" before summoning up a burst of eldritch flame directly upon the central kruthik. The flames leapt out, licking at the beasts surrounding Kaudron and, unfortunately, at the paladin himself.

[sblock=OOC]Scorching Burst centred on K11 (K11;K10;J10;J11;J12;K12)
To hit 14;14;10;19;23;12 -Roll Lookup
Damage 3! (Crap!) Roll Lookup.
Hit and damaged K11, Kaudron? and J12 ---What a waste! Even the curse didn't kick in![/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=OOC Digger]WHat was the order you rolled to attack in? I'm guessing the list above was the order of attack as well. Which case Kauldron is K11 and is missed. Ref 17.[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron chuckles heartedly as the flames of Girth's scorching burst engulfs and lashes out around himself. He grins as he enjoys the sudden warmth.*

Oi! Thanks for the light Girth.

*Taking a long draw from his cigar. and bellowing another blast of cigar smoke about himself. Now suddenly refreshed from the warmth. He twirls his blade within his hand then lashes out at one of the kruthik with a wave of holy fire before taking a step back.*

Come and get me.

*He taunts one of them to continue after him.*

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Divine Challenge
-Target: Kruthik Young (J12)
-Effect: Target is subject to Kauldron's Divine Sanction until the end of his next turn.
-Divine Sanction: Creatures are Marked taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls if they target another character other then Kauldron. As well as take 10 RADIANT damage if they target another character other then Kauldron.

Standard: Virtuous Strike
-Target: Kruthik Young (J12)
-Attack: +8 vs. AC
-Damage: 1d6+4 RADIANT Damage
-Effect: Kauldron gains a +2 bonus to saving throws until the start of his next turn.

Move: Shift to L10.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:21, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:35/35, Temp HP:3
Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:7/12
Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point [X]
Call to Challenge [X]
Channel Divinity [X]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Valorous Smite [X]

Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Beyrk moves up beside Harv and shouts at the assembled bugs. Like a powerful thunderhead rolling across the battlefield the bugs are moved by the force of his shout rather literally. His shout allows Quagmire to advance in support of Kauldron.

[sblock=ooc]
Actions:
Start:
Move: to I13
Minor:
Standard: shout of triumph on I10:K12 (J10, K10, I11, J11, J12, K12) hit all 7 dmg + push 4
J10 dead
K10 dead
I11 (Quagmire) can shift 4 - I'd put him at K10 next to Kauldron if I had to pick.
J11 moved to J7
J12 moved to K11
K12 moved to M10

[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 3
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 12, Low-Light Vision
AC: 18, Fort: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 18 - Speed: 5
HP: 34/40, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10; Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike
Virtue of Valor

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph
Charger's Call

Slayer's Song
Canon of Avoidance
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: A little over 24 hrs for Stonegod to post for Dang't as I'll be updating tomorrow night and NPCing Hrav (since garyh is gone till Monday) and Dang't as well if Stonegod hasn't posted by then.

Remove ads