• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

garyh

First Post
Hrav easily finishes off the skeleton he's already beaten on.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Clever Strike against Skeleton 2.

Clever Strike (CA, SA) (1d20+12+2=28, 1d10+6=9, 2d8+4=16)

Hits AC 28 for 25 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga - Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 6
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 19, Low-Light Vision
AC: 20, Fort: 18, Reflex: 20, Will: 15 - Speed: 6
HP: 47/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 13, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike

Everybody Move
Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: May use two surges when bloodied)[/s]
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Mocking Strike

Acidic Rapier - Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier - Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Lightning Dagger -Lightning Damage (At-Will)
Lightning Dagger -Burst (Dailyl)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Not to be nit-picky but I think Dang't already killed the skeleton. He did enough damage to kill it. Just up to the DM if he still had Stealth or not to hit it. Any ruling on that Mr. DM so that people can direct there attacks against none dead things?

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Stealth]I'm assuming Dang't is still in stealth for this attack (and thus effectively invisible) as his Stealth roll is still there on his status line. If he isn't, then add a shift away and the attack is a miss.

**Ah yes, I didn't tell you wether it was successful or not because these undead don't really show with their facial expressions wether they see you or not. You won't know till you try to do something that would trigger an action from them, like you do next.**[/sblock]

Dang't feels the fetid presence of the skeleton looming over him, but it seems distracted by his bigger allies. He uses this to his advantage as he channels lighting from his serrated blade at the undead's backside. The bolt shatters the undead into many pieces as it pushes through and connects with the nearby ghoul, arcing around Quag as it does so.

[sblock=Actions]Lighting Strike w/ CA SA vs S2: Ref 17, 22 lighting and 8 lighting to G2. Since the damage with my Storm Soul bonus was enough to kill S2, I moved it to G2.

**Hey look, you had stealth! Yay. . . now, of course, you don't.**[/sblock]

[sblock=Goblin Tactics]When the Wraith misses Kauldron. He'll shift to E15 using Goblin Tactics as an Immediate Reaction.[/sblock]

*Kauldron ducks and weaves through the fray of battle as undead launch themselves upon him. He winces as he feels the sting of the sharp bone knick his neck.*

Argh! That has a nasty sting to it. Fine you wish to play it that way do yee? Here then I have something really nasty for the lot of yee all.

*Kauldron tenses up, curling his shield and sword arm inwards. He chants a quick pray to his forsaken god. Calling forth the light of burning madness, Kauldrons armor lights up brilliantly. light pouring out of all it's cracks and crevices. Then suddenly it explodes in a brilliant flash stinging the nearby enemies harshly. With the Flash of light Kauldron uses the distraction at hand and makes a quick slash at the wraith before turning and moving to a better position in the battle at hand.*

LIGHT 'EM UP LADS!!! AND SOMEONE PUT DOWN THAT DAMN GHOUL!!

*Kauldron rounds the coffin and heads to the middle of the battle. Moving head long into the ghoul attacking Hrav. With a quick flick of his blade, the ghoul gets hit and it's scream of pain incites all it's allies around him to take vengeance upon the Iron Kettle that could.*

[sblock=Actions]Start of Round: Take 5 Ongoing Necrotic

Minor: Channel Divinity: Solar Enemy
-Close Burst 2 (Gets Ghoul 1, Skeleton 1, and Wraith 1)
-Effect:Each target gains vulnerable 5 radiant, or its vulnerability to radiant damage increases by 5 until the end of his next turn.

Standard: Virtuous Strike vs. Wraith 1
-Attack: +8 vs. AC (18)
-Damage: 1d6+4 RADIANT damage (5 + Vulnerable radiant)

**7 damage total, bloodied. its insubstantial, why it wasnt in round 1, the world may never know.**

-Effect: Kauldron gains +2 to saving throws until the end of his next turn.
-Effect: Wraith remains under the effect of Divine Challenge since Kauldron attacked it this turn.

Move: Move to I14 (Via F16, G16, H16, I15, I14) taking an OA from the Wraith

**26 vs Reflex, 10 damage and Kauldron is weakened (save ends)**

Action Point: Valorous Smite vs. Ghoul 2
-Attack: +8 vs. AC (23)
-Damage: 2d6+4 damage (14)
**or 7 in this case**
-Effect: Each enemy within 3 squares of Kauldron is subject to his divine sanction until the end of his next turn. (Gets Skeleton 1, Skeleton 2, Wraith 2, Ghoul 1, Ghoul 2)
-Divine Sanction: Creatures are Marked taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls if they target another character other then Kauldron. As well as take 10 RADIANT damage if they target another character other then Kauldron.

Save vs. Ongoing Necrotic (6; Fail)
Save vs Weakened 7[/sblock]

“Help you I will Kauldron. My Mistress will cast her Blessings upon you” Girth’s voice grew icy “And Her Curses upon these creatures of death!”

The warlock’s arm was rigid with anger as he directed a blast of stellar darkness at the ghoul now facing Kauldron.

[sblock=OOC]Dire Radiance 18 vs Fort (Ghoul 2): 21 Radiant damage (inc 10 vulnerability). A further 18 damage if the ghoul moves nearer to me . Roll Lookup

**Hits, bloodied**[/sblock]

And then, with his own skin in mind, he scuttled to his right and took shelter behind a sarcophagus

[sblock=OOC]Move to K17 and gain concealment.[/sblock]

Beyrk moves in to support Kauldron seeing many undead surround the little guy. He lets out a brave bellow as he slams his songblade into the ghoul encouraging others to charge when they can.

[sblock=ooc]
Actions:
Start:
Move: to J14
Standard: charger's call vs. ghoul 1 AC (1d20+12=30, 2d8+6=14) = hit; 14 dmg

**I assume you mean Ghoul 2 because hes in range. Hits. Dead**

ooc: each ally within 5 squares (all allies) gains +5 bonus to attack rolls while charging until the end of my next turn.

[sblock=Note to DM]note: roll indicates attacking wraith but I think it better to move into the middle of the combat to encourage everyone. Changed my target after I made the roll though the roll itself did not influence my decision.[/sblock]

--------------------------

Round 2

24; Hrav; K14; 47/51;
24; Kauldron; E15; 16/36; 5 ongoing necrotic (save ends), weakened (save ends); Acted
19; Quagmire; L16; 46/46;
11; Girth; K17; 50/50; Acted
11; Enemies;
Ghoul 1; G14; 63/63; additional 5 radiant vulnerability TEkNT, Divine Sanction TEkNT
Skeleton 1; G13; 77/77; Divine Sanction TEkNT, additional 5 radiant vulnerability TEkNT
Wraith 1; E14; 15/37; Divine Sanction, additional 5 radiant vulnerability TEkNT, Bloodied
Wraith 2; L14; 37/37; Divine Sanction TEkNT
10; Beyrk; J14;
10; Dang't; K16;

Stats

Ghouls (Vulnerable 5 Radiant)
AC 21 F 18

Skeletons (Vulnerable 5 Radiant)
AC 17 R 16

Wraith (Vulnerable 5 Radiant) Insubstantial
AC 16

Some Sarcophagi are open and some are closed. All are difficult terrain if climbing over and grant cover (or superior cover if you're small or prone).

[sblock=map]
Crypt04.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Blue arcs continue to dance around the little gob's head. Causually, he seems to pluck one out with his dagger, spin it around, and fling it at the ghoul approaching Kauldron. It explodes in a blue-white flurry, but when it clears, the ghoul is entirely unharmed. Ooops, Dang't says quietly, then climbs into the nearby sarcophagus to hide. His curse when he stubs his toe, however, does not help.[sblock=OOC]Dancing Lightning vs G1: Miss. Clamber next to Gith and drop down to hide: Stealth 12[/sblock][sblock=Dang't (prone?)]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2
Initiative: +5, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 16, Will: 17 — Speed: 6
Resist: lightning 5, thunder 5
HP: 37/37, Bloodied: 18, Surge: 9, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Storm Walk
Lightning Strike

Pinning Bolt
Dancing Lightning

Howling Tempest
Goblin Tactics
Storm Soul
Sneak Attack
Sorcerous Sirocco

Stormbiter Warblade Dagger +1

Dang't[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the confusion.

The enemies were incorrectly listed as having acted. I am waiting on Hrav to make a new post, and for Quagmire. Then the enemies can go, then Dang't (and everyone else) can go.

I'll auto tomorrow if needed.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Hrav switches targets to the looming wraith, slipping his dagger in and up to avoid being touched.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Clever Strike against Skeleton 2 Wraith 2.

Clever Strike (CA, SA) (1d20+12+2=28, 1d10+6=9, 2d8+4=16)

Hits AC 28 for 25 4 damage.

**Partial auto, changing the target to the wraith whose still undead. No CA, so no SA. I'll reveal Reflex since Hrav may have used Piercing Strike instead**[/sblock]

Quagmire, seeing Hrav's attacks not being as substantial as he knows they should rushes around the blocking sarcophagus to threaten the creature from the other side. He feints toward the creature, secretly indicating a place to strike and Hrav does not miss the opportunity, somehow finding a weak point among the ghostly image.

Being magically compelled by the Paladin's challenge, the remaining undead swarm. The ghoul drags his claws across the goblin's shield, which gives the coming skeletal fiend an opening cutting Kauldron deep across his shoulder, splitting his armor slightly with Necrotic energy.

One of the wraiths is already on its way. Kauldron's magical compulsion lingers, driving the wraith for the kill. It's cold hands dig into the small body, but can't find a way past the divine defenses.

The other wraith howls in anger at not being able to feed, and makes a poor attempt at doing the same to Hrav.

[sblock=ooc]Autoing Quagmire
Quagmire moves to M14. Hrav now has combat advantage.
Commander's Strike. Hrav makes a basic attack vs Wraith 2. +1 to hit, +2 damage
18 vs AC hits, 14 damage due to insubstantial

Ghoul 1 shifts to H14
Attacks Kauldron 20 vs AC, Misses

Skeleton 1 moves to I13
Attacks Kauldron Crit, 17 damage and an additional 5 necrotic damage.

Kauldron is now Bloodied

Wraith 1 moves to I15.
Attacks Kauldron 15 vs Reflex, Miss

Wraith 2 attacks Hrav taking 10 Radiant damage, which bloodies it. Miss[/sblock]

[sblock=Dang't]Just let me know if you want to keep your previously posted actions.[/sblock]

--------------------------

Round 2

24; Hrav; K14; 47/51; Acted
24; Kauldron; E15; 2/36; Bloodied, 5 ongoing necrotic (save ends), weakened (save ends); Acted
19; Quagmire; M14; 46/46;
11; Girth; K17; 50/50; Acted
11; Enemies; Acted
Ghoul 1; H14; 63/63; additional 5 radiant vulnerability TEkNT, Divine Sanction TEkNT
Skeleton 1; I13; 77/77; Divine Sanction TEkNT, additional 5 radiant vulnerability TEkNT
Wraith 1; I15; 15/37; Divine Sanction, additional 5 radiant vulnerability TEkNT, Bloodied
Wraith 2; L14; 9/37; Divine Sanction TEkNT, Bloodied
10; Beyrk; J14;
10; Dang't; K16;

Stats

Ghouls (Vulnerable 5 Radiant)
AC 21 F 18

Skeletons (Vulnerable 5 Radiant)
AC 17 R 16

Wraith (Vulnerable 5 Radiant) Insubstantial
AC 16 R 16

Some Sarcophagi are open and some are closed. All are difficult terrain if climbing over and grant cover (or superior cover if you're small or prone).

[sblock=map]
Crypt05.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: It's fine. I knew I couldn't tank for this group as there only defender, without getting some heavy magic gear to up the distance needed between levels. Thought I would go down but not die. Also when a defender goes unconscious now there marks fall off. In the new errata, just so you know for the future.

EDIT: WOOO!!! I'M ALIVE!!! Barely, but alive. When I used my action point last turn to attack the Ghoul. I Gained 8 hp from Quagmire the Hobgoblin's Inspiring Presence.

Which means my hp would of been at 24 then the Skeleton Crits me for 21 damage, OUCH!! Leaving Kauldron with 3 hp and standing. Then the Wraith attacks and misses his reflex attack.

Though I'm cool with being on the ground and knocked out as well. I'm alive that's all that matters to me!!

Last edited:

Remove ads