• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Fangor tells the group, "Let's see what they want before we hack them down."

He then turns to the Halflings and yells at them, "And who are you to demand a toll from us? If a toll is what you want, then come and get it. Otherwise, if you fancy your lives, speak up or meet death at the hand of us."

Aranel

First Post
((Karcers out for blood. I guess the others will try to pass without bloodshed so they'll try negotiating?))

Karcer had been wandering along back towards the others, she was going to show them what she'd found. Maybe the head would apologize for ever daring to aim a crossbow at them...

((when she notices the other halflings she'll go back to hiding and look to sneak up on the halfling in (O, 11))

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OK, I've totally lost track of initiative here... :\ Far as I know - 1st round, big boom and sara got off her horse and drew her swords. Second round short bandits appeared, sara moved into melee range with bandits and intimidated. If hostilities break out by her init on the third round she will attempt to lay the twf smack down on the apparent leader. She is also set for an AoO if the leader tries a ranged attack or movement and attack. (dunno if she's within 5 feet of anyone else.) If things are still at a standoff, she will make another indimidate attempt with continued sword dancing and the comment, "This is getting boring. Put down your weapons or try to kill us. The signal bell's gone off and its time to do this fight right."

Creamsteak

Explorer
(I guess we can act out of combat rounds for the moment. None of the fellows have any intention of killing anyone.)

The lead halfling finally gets up the courage to speak again, "Your on our bridge. We make sure nothing happens here, and you are crossing. We only want our fair share. Just hand us two gilder a head, including a horses, and we will let you by without having to put holes in all your skulls and armor."

"We don't want to hurt anybody, and I'm sure as you can tell, there are more of us than there are of you, and just so you really understand our point... theres seven more of us out in the trees. Just look around, if your lucky you might spot one of them."

Ghostknight

First Post
Creamsteak said:
(I guess we can act out of combat rounds for the moment. None of the fellows have any intention of killing anyone.)

The lead halfling finally gets up the courage to speak again, "Your on our bridge. We make sure nothing happens here, and you are crossing. We only want our fair share. Just hand us two gilder a head, including a horses, and we will let you by without having to put holes in all your skulls and armor."

"We don't want to hurt anybody, and I'm sure as you can tell, there are more of us than there are of you, and just so you really understand our point... theres seven more of us out in the trees. Just look around, if your lucky you might spot one of them."

You claim to maintian this bridge and the toll is compensation? Who you trying to fool, most people do not have that kind of money, it is extortion and from the looks of the people with you I for one am not sure about the existence of the rest of your band! You want toll, make it reasonable, not a rate that most people could never afford!

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Fangor will laugh at the Halfling, letting Sara do most of the talking, and then yelling, "Let's just kill them and be on our way. This is slowing our progress and that damn Ogre is still to be sought and brought to justice!"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Fangor will laugh at the Halfling, letting Sara do most of the talking, and then yelling, "Let's just kill them and be on our way. This is slowing our progress and that damn Ogre is still to be sought and brought to justice!"

"Oh comeon, Fangor, wouldn't it be quicker to be on our way and only kill them if they bother us?" Sara turns to the halfling leader and says in tones of cheerful friendship, "Why don't you come across your bridge with us, hm? When we get to the other side, we might pay you or we might not, but if you don't start playing nice, we're going to end up killing you all." She grins happily and sheaths one sword with a dramatic flourish (does quickdraw work in reverse? ;) ) and steps beside the lead halfling, taking him by the trigger arm to walk across with him. (If he shoots her or this provokes an attack, we can get on with the moltly...)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"Oh comeon, Fangor, wouldn't it be quicker to be on our way and only kill them if they bother us?" Sara turns to the halfling leader and says in tones of cheerful friendship, "Why don't you come across your bridge with us, hm? When we get to the other side, we might pay you or we might not, but if you don't start playing nice, we're going to end up killing you all." She grins happily and sheaths one sword with a dramatic flourish (does quickdraw work in reverse? ;) ) and steps beside the lead halfling, taking him by the trigger arm to walk across with him. (If he shoots her or this provokes an attack, we can get on with the moltly...)

Whispering to where Sara can hear him, "I think we already passed the bridge....just an FYI..."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Whispering to where Sara can hear him, "I think we already passed the bridge....just an FYI..."

:p :p :p

Ok, I've lost track pretty well... Why were they threatening to "blow" the bridge if we were already over it? Rereading it, you're right, but now the entire encounter has me baffled. I give up, lets kill them for the XP and crossbow bolts. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads