• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro [Judge - garyh]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Remi
"I think we're agreed then. We'll take the job. If you can give us our up-front share now, we have some shopping and information gathering to do while you round us up a crew."

"Aye. Hold on." Jericho goes into the backroom, and you can hear the sound of metal parts moving... a few moments later, he comes back, lugging with him a decent-sized chest.

"This here'll have yer up-front reward fer takin' the job." He says. "125 gold apiece, aye. And lad, were ye thinkin' that I was goin' to find ye a crew? That's somethin' best left for ye, I'm thinkin'... I can do it if ye would like, aye, but ye'd be better off if ye found a crew more to your likin' than mine..."

Pyrex

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
"Aye. Hold on." Jericho goes into the backroom, and you can hear the sound of metal parts moving... a few moments later, he comes back, lugging with him a decent-sized chest.

"This here'll have yer up-front reward fer takin' the job." He says. "125 gold apiece, aye. And lad, were ye thinkin' that I was goin' to find ye a crew? That's somethin' best left for ye, I'm thinkin'... I can do it if ye would like, aye, but ye'd be better off if ye found a crew more to your likin' than mine..."

"You do have a point there, but before we go round up a crew, how about giving us a tour of the ship? We'll need to know how many hands to hire."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GnomeWorks said:

Katherine nods. "It would best if we hire our own crew for another reason as well. Outside of this room, we should be a group of adventurers flush from our exploits who have bought a ship from Master Jericho to increase our fortunes through trade."
OOC: leaving for the weekend, I'll try to check in, but hopefully we can hire a crew, buy some goods to trade (and maybe some used wands of CLW) and get to another port city in good order. Then katherine can start the gather info machine rolling to launch the next part of the plan...

Pyrex

First Post
"A thought just crossed my mind. When interviewing potential crewmates do we tell them what we are really about or tell them we're looking to start up a trade route?"

ferretguy

First Post
Although I do hate the idea of not telling our potential crew exactly what we're doing, I think that if we tell them we're hunting for this scourge of the waterways we won't have a crew. Plus if word goes out he may hear of us and be more prepared.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Remi
"You do have a point there, but before we go round up a crew, how about giving us a tour of the ship? We'll need to know how many hands to hire."

"It's a regular sailing craft." Jericho says. "Three sails, a sixty feet long, perhaps a third a that wide. Ye'll need a crew of eight, at least, to man her, though ye may be able to get away with five or six, if ye don't run into any rough weather. I'm guessing that ye don't have any among ye who are skilled in ships."

ferretguy

First Post
"It's a regular sailing craft." Jericho says. "Three sails, a sixty feet long, perhaps a third a that wide. Ye'll need a crew of eight, at least, to man her, though ye may be able to get away with five or six, if ye don't run into any rough weather. I'm guessing that ye don't have any among ye who are skilled in ships."

Turning toward JerichoIt does look like we don't have much skill here in sailin', but if you do point us the direction to hire some not so scurrvy sea dogs, we'll be soon off to hunt the Dread Pirate Roberts...I mean Ramirez...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hallandor
It does look like we don't have much skill here in sailin', but if you do point us the direction to hire some not so scurrvy sea dogs, we'll be soon off to hunt the Dread Pirate Roberts...I mean Ramirez...

"Ye can probably find some along the docks, here." Jericho says. "If ye can't there, then try the taverns... though I'd advise ye to watch yer purses in those places."

Pyrex

First Post
"Allright then. We'll see to hiring that crew, but there's something we need to do first.

Although we've all entered this venture as equals, and will all continue to have our fair say in how we proceed,
a ship at sea can only have one captain.

Katherine, given your way with words I think you're the right person for the job."

Remi then looks at everyone in turn waiting for their response.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Pyrex said:

Katherine, given your way with words I think you're the right person for the job."
Zumar nods approvingly. "Aye, the lass seems t' have some sort o' plan up her sleeve. It just might be crazy enough t' work."

Remove ads