(Adventure) Duel between Calamar the Dark vs. the Rogue Cain (Pbartender)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crueldespot

First Post
OOC:
I originally posted a long OOC response, but upon consideration it is unnecessary. On with the fight. I await Calamar's action.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
(Pbartender, if you need any moderator actions, like removing posts from the Red Dragon Inn and moving them over to this thread, just send me an email.)

Sparky

A dark figure steps out of the Red Dragon in time to see Cain's charge and nasty wounding of Calamar. Taking up a position between the claws and beneath the lamp-like gaze of the immense dragon the figure turns to watch the unfolding conflict.

OOC: Pbartender, I've asked Otakkun/Eberk and Venus/Rogier to join us here in the thread and this 'dark figure' is an emissary and enforcer of Joe's, though few remember having seen any such enforcer before. Feel free to RP this NPC as needed. PM me for specifics.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Rogier steps outside after Joe's request, trying to figure out what's going on.
"Hold it you two" he says in a demanding, strong voice. He holds his axe and shield ready, and continues his interruption. "Drop your weapons, no spellcasting, nothing. Just tell me what the heck you are doing?"

Otakkun

Explorer
Arriving just in time to see the mage get a nasty wound in his side, Eberk cannot help but flinch at the sight.

"Another one of those and no healing will be able to help the lad" he comments to Joe, just before Rogier steps between the two duelists.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Sparky said:
...this 'dark figure' is an emissary and enforcer of Joe's, though few remember having seen any such enforcer before...

Judge OoC:Actually, I do remember someone bringing up (CS, I think) a 'no fighting in the red Dragon' rule, with some IG enforcement. This (NPC) figure seems appropriate.

Pbartender

First Post
Sparky said:
A dark figure steps out of the Red Dragon in time to see Cain's charge and nasty wounding of Calamar. Taking up a position between the claws and beneath the lamp-like gaze of the immense dragon the figure turns to watch the unfolding conflict.

OOC: Pbartender, I've asked Otakkun/Eberk and Venus/Rogier to join us here in the thread and this 'dark figure' is an emissary and enforcer of Joe's, though few remember having seen any such enforcer before. Feel free to RP this NPC as needed. PM me for specifics.

OOC: It truly wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it, nonetheless.

Venus said:
Rogier steps outside after Joe's request, trying to figure out what's going on.
"Hold it you two" he says in a demanding, strong voice. He holds his axe and shield ready, and continues his interruption. "Drop your weapons, no spellcasting, nothing. Just tell me what the heck you are doing?"

Otakkun said:
Arriving just in time to see the mage get a nasty wound in his side, Eberk cannot help but flinch at the sight.

"Another one of those and no healing will be able to help the lad" he comments to Joe, just before Rogier steps between the two duelists.

I'm going to allow Calamar to finish his action for this round, if he has any. Outside of your character's current exclaimations, they take no real action until the next turn. I'll roll them into the initiative order then, if the combat continues.

Last edited:

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Reeling from the blow of the sneaky Cain, Calamar the Dark, stumbles forwards and spins around to face the treacherous Rogue. His breathing slightly ragged from the blow, his tight elven like features making him look weaker then he is.

Calamar contemplates taking a position five feet away from Cain and throwing his always handy bag of sticky adhesive substance known more commonly as alchemist's fire right at Cain. But he thinks better of the idea, most of it anyway, this rogue has played a game and has cheated in the attempt, and he has failed to do what he thought he could, kill the wizard in one single round.
A new plan formulates in his mind, one that makes use of his intelligence, not brawn. A sly grin betrays his thoughts.

"Treachery, it is here," he cries, "seek it out! Assassins in the street, no one is safe, call the constable, I wish to press charges! Treachery!"

Already a group of people and a dark bouncer from inside the bar come running to see what the commotion is all about, while Calamar the Dark patiently awaits Cain's next attack, or the city guard, whichever comes first.

OOC, I take a five foot step back from the Cain, and ready an action to throw, or attempt to, a bag of alchemist's fire at Cain should he attack me or move towards me. This is of course assuming that I am at two hit points. Free action, yelling for the gaurds. Page 160 PHB 3.5, you can make a five foot step and still ready an action.

Thanks for double checking the hit points and I accept your judgement about the begining of combat. I just wanted to clarify.;)

crueldespot

First Post
OOC:
It is the start of round 2. Once you roll initiative for the newcomers, I may no longer be the first in initiative order, so I'll wait and move when it's my turn.

Question: Does Rogier wear any kind of uniform or symbol - of the Red Dragon Inn or Orussus?

Gurdjieff

First Post
Question: Does Rogier wear any kind of uniform or symbol - of the Red Dragon Inn or Orussus?

No, he does have a symbol of Hyrag hanging around his neck however. This might be because Rogier is in no way connected to the RDI or the Orussus Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads