(Adventure) Dealing with hooly-gans [Judge Pbartender]

RillianPA

First Post
"Um, well Mr. O'Reilly, well um, I sneak pretty good, even ma and Needle say so, and they have eyes, and ears in the backs of their heads. I'm pretty good with my weapons, though I mean I'm not as strong as Mr Grogg over there, "

At this point Rillian has clearly noticed that Ignatious and Grogg always seem to be on opposite sides of someone...

"But I am awfully fast and agile, I even beat Needle once in 'Grab the Pebble'. Mostly they all prepared me to be an adventurer, cause they always said that's what I'd be, though ma always seemed to cry when they said it."

Rillian looks thoughtful, and a bit sad.

/ooc Anyone who asks for details will gleefully get Rillian's life story, you may go ahead, or read it in the character writeups, or simply ask me for a precis...your funeral...I mean choice.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

Iggy doesn't play the game with Grog for long. As soon as he realizes Grog is pursuing him, he crouches slightly, a few grains of colored sand are drawn from a nigh-invisible pocket in his chromatic cloak. He smiles weakly, acting like, and hoping this is a joke.

"Heh, heh. Grog, you do know your people war against mine at every opportunity, as well as against other races, without mercy or quarter. While you may not share the feelings of your kin, Coom is suggesting you cover your own head with your cloak. I concur."

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Grogg, Son of Grogg, had forgotten his game with the colorful Iggy, but at him speaking, his toothy smile filled his huge face from ear to ear, like a child who opens a present on yule day or a kid who gets picked first for dodge ball. Grogg takes a step forward and waits to see if Iggy responds by stepping back or around Mr. Coom.

When Iggy stands his ground his cheerful disposition fades and he realizes that Iggy must want a break from the game. Grogg, slouches his shoulders and hangs his head in grief.

"What you mean we at war," he said, " I not attack you, you my friend," Grogg looks down at Iggy and gives his the Puss in Boots sympathy look, "arn't you". He fights back a tear of sorrow and covers his head in shame.

"Okay Mr. Iggy, me cover me head, if you think it best."

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

Iggy relaxes his stance as Grog tears up and pulls up his hood. Iggy loooks up the four feet to Grog's head, and wishes he could simply speak softly in his ear. Not an option. So he speaks in his normal voice.

"Grog. You are an orc in the lands of men. You are large and clearly dangerous. This means you yourself are in danger, as hate is a natural consequence of fear. I suggest you stay with this group. Do not wander off, and do not take off the hood in public. I can see you do not share the cruel traits of your race, and I will attempt to protect you. Do what I say and stay close. OK?"

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Grogg, Son of Grogg, happy that Iggy is not mad at him begins to slowly come out of his solem mood.

"Me stay close, me stay hidden," he says, "I stay close," and with that he moved right beside Iggy, his thick thigh brushing against Iggy's colorful cloak, taking Iggy's words literally.

"Let us go."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Eeexcellent, excellent, my good felloows," says Coom, pleased things have resolved themselves. He pats Grog cautiously on the back, then continues leading the group.

You weave your way through sets of houses and shops that range from the poorly constructed to the poorly maintained and combinations thereof. Some are just run down, some are cheap but kept with painstaking care, and others look like they could fall down any minute. The streets are less than clean and there's more than a few people just loitering about.

Coom leads you to a vacant lot between a run down tenament and a bar with a few patrons filing in even at this early hour. Debris cover the small span of dirt, the bones of whatever building used to occupy the space. You can see less than half a dozen huddled figures of similar description- dirty, wearing rags, and hungry-looking. Coom takes a few steps onto the lot, and motions you all to wait. "I would request that you wait for just a moment, as my comrades here are jumpy of late, and a group of this siiize would be the cause of some conceern." He turns again and approaches the men, who greet him warmly.

"Where've you been, Coom?"

"Long time no see."

"We saw him yesterday."

"Oh... seemed longer...."

After a minute or so Coom gestures you all forward.

"My comrades in raaags, meet your salvaaation," says Coom. He introduces the five men as Lars, Jenkins, Hops, Smythe, and Williams. It's unclear whether these are first names, last names, nicknames, or some combination. He lets you introduce yourselves, and you're free to ask questions.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Grogg, Son of Grogg, looks around a bit at the others and wonders to himself if he should speak. He looks down at his new colorful friend Iggy and then at the others and decides that it would be safe to mention his name. He goes over their names in his head, Lars, Jenkins, Hops, Smythe, and Williams, and counts four on his thick fingers, satisfied with his math, he turns to them.

"Lars, Jenkins, Hops, Smythe, and Williams, Me Grogg, Son of Grogg," he says as he thumps a meaty finger on his chest and then eagerly shakes, or tries to, each of their hands, "me here to help, what you need help with, me can help."

RillianPA

First Post
"Um, hi I'm Rillian Trilnason, you've probably heard of my father Tril Merilson and we dont stand for hooly-gans. So, I am also here to help. What can you tell us about these hooly-gans?"

//ooc
a bar with a few patrons filing in even at this early hour
Didnt we just file out of a bar? ;)

Remove ads