• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(adventure) Armgill’s Heirloom - <Knight Otu judging>

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dexerion said:
"But I've gotta admire his courage. Goin all the way to Tharol just to win back some family pride. He's set on it too.
Anton nods in agreement. "I agree. This seems like a very noble quest indeed and if Charles will have my assistance, I will do what is necessary."

OOC: You have my bow. I couldn't resist. :p

Timeboxer

Explorer
Lynneth Starreaver, Human Wizard

"I think that perhaps if Mister Fimble doesn't like the word 'steal', we can always try 'reacquisition.'" Lynneth seems to pick a piece of invisible lint off of her cloak. "But if you ask me... well, obtainin' the heirloom is all well and good, but I'm not sure that doing so is worth bloodshed. So if we are going to do it, I think I'd rather prefer that we try not to... well, kill anyone or anything."

Jdvn1

"Bloodshed?" Anton shrugs, "We of course do not want gratuitous bloodshed. If it is unavoidable, then that is a different tale. If it comes to bloodshed, then we will have no choice. Such is the life of an adventurer."

Timeboxer

Explorer
"Welllll, I suppose. But I was thinking something more along the lines of, humanoid life is more valuable, to me, than an object. Saving your own or someone else's life is one thing, but for a thing, it's different. Besides," she says, stroking under Nar's chin. "Subterfuge is always very effective. Yes? And our gnomish friend here is an illusionist, after all."

Jdvn1

"Hm, yes, that is a good idea," Anton motions towards Charles, "But that is for Charles to decide. He said he will want to retrieve the item by himself and our wagon may have to run while we are shooting arrows behind us." Anton grins at the image.

Dexerion

First Post
"I'd rather not kill anyone, for legal purposes. But it will take us a long time to get to Tharol. We will just have to see what happens when we get there."

By this time the wagon has passed all of the subvillages of Orussus and is on the road proper. The land is covered in temperate forest. It varies between medow and thick woods. For the most part the land is flat and the road well maintained. It is easy going for the group.

Dexerion

First Post
The wagon is in a four acre meadow. The road crosses the meadow in the center and dissappears in thick trees on the other side. The meadow is dotted by an old, seemingly abandoned, cabin to the north. As the wagon nears the trees to leave the meadow behind...

Spot Checks:
[sblock]
Roll on invisiblecastle.com. Use the character name Armgill, and mark the roll with your charactername and skill check in the notes. Remember to format for ezboard before you hit roll. Copy and past the text here.
[/sblock]

Dexerion

First Post
Artemis:
[sblock]
You notice a small human boy standing in the middle of the road ahead, deep in the trees. He is standing underneath a large tree limb that overhangs the road. There is a crouching adult figure on the limb near to the tree, looking your way. There is a smaller figure, probably another child, above that one on another limb, also crouching.
[/sblock]

Remove ads