Adjust XP/month for active PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

orsal

LEW Judge
El Jefe said:
Provided that all experience was "adventure time" experience, the gap would stay exactly the same, up until 8th level, when everyone would slow down.

Of course, not all XP will be time-based, and the earned XP will help the lower-level character catch up.

Manzanita

First Post
Right. High level PCs could be considered under-rewarded for two reasons.

1. The 100 XP/month clearly becomes less usefull the higher level the PC.

2. A higher level PC adventuring with low level PCs will generally recieve fewer XPs than if adventuring with equal level PCs. Likewise, lower level PCs with higher level PCs in their party can overcome greater obsticles and gain greater XPs and treasure than they could with equal level PCs.

I think the extra 50 XPs/month is pretty minor and will help keep the PCs better spaced.

Velmont

First Post
I got one question about the various Xp award. What level are you considered when you receive that award if you have raise in level during the quest?

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
I got one question about the various Xp award. What level are you considered when you receive that award if you have raise in level during the quest?

For that matter, how are experience points awarded durring an adventure? At the end? After they earn it? Is there a "I think you can earn EXP now" Moment on occasion?

If you don't advance durring an adventure, this isn't an issue, otherwise, it could be one.

orsal

LEW Judge
Bront said:
For that matter, how are experience points awarded durring an adventure? At the end? After they earn it? Is there a "I think you can earn EXP now" Moment on occasion?

If you don't advance durring an adventure, this isn't an issue, otherwise, it could be one.

Discretion of the DM.

If an adventure has stages -- in the middle the characters go into town, rest up before returning to the main scene of action (or seeking a new scene of action), then it's not unreasonable to suppose that characters gain a level at that time if they've got the XP. For example, Manzanita awarded us all XP in the middle of M2, and we all (or most?) picked up a level as a result. But there's no requirement that any DM award any XP until the adventure is complete.

Manzanita

First Post
Right. I think we would like to put a minimum of regulations on our DMs. Dms award XP when they feel appropriate and have considerable lattitude as to what they deem appropriate.

I would think that if 'time spent' XPs were awarded only at the end of the adventure, which is an option some DMs take, then they should be prorated based on how long the PC was what level. I'm a bit reluctant to write that into the proposal. I'd prefer to leave it up to the individual DM.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
It's nice to see that we finally have the monthly XP reward in a proposal.

I like the idea of getting 50 xp/level/month. I don't know about the 8th level cap, but that's not something that needs immediate attention.

My vote is a yes.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Does that make 3 with Knight Otu, or does have to say "Yes"?

Knight Otu

First Post
Whoops, yep, that would be a Yes. Officially now.

That would mean adventures started after the timestamp of this post should use the new rule, others the one that is more advantageous for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads