• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

About the edit forum feature

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
I think it is complete nonsense!
You print something, and 30 pages afterwards change the OP , so people who responded to OP will be completely confused etc
:(

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
In some cases the ability to edit posts well after the fact is very useful e.g. when compiling a list of posters' suggestions for something and putting that list in the OP. For this reason alone I wouldn't want to see this feature go away, and I've yet to see any instances of someone "weaponizing" it in order to make subsequent posters in a thread look foolish.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
On another site that uses XenForo, they allow unlimited edits, but if someone abuses the feature, they have a setting that allows them to put a limit on just that user. It seems like that kind of approach would work here should someone do likewise.

le Redoutable

In some cases the ability to edit posts well after the fact is very useful e.g. when compiling a list of posters' suggestions for something and putting that list in the OP. For this reason alone I wouldn't want to see this feature go away, and I've yet to see any instances of someone "weaponizing" it in order to make subsequent posters in a thread look foolish.
that's it!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
To back Morrus up - this is only a theoretical problem. As in, theoretically, it could happen. In practice, though, it hasn't been an issue that needs a solution.

le Redoutable

I think you should have the right to actually add some content to the post during the edit phase, but you shouldn't be able to delete anything that has been posted .

Remove ads