• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A question about Hunter The Vigil

Does it use the same ruleset as Vampire the Requiem?

I've been reading reviews, but they are not clear. The reason I ask is that Roll20 has produced a VtR PC sheet, but not a Hunter sheet.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Thank goodness someone knew. I'm a peripheral WoD player and cannot for the life of me keep all the rule iterations straight.

Jadeite

Hero
oWoD: Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Mage the Ascension, Wraith the Oblivion, Changeling the Dreaming, Hunter the Reckoning, Mummy the Resurrection, Demon the Fallen
nWoD/CofD: Vampire the Requiem, Werewolf the Forsaken, Mage the Awakening, Promethean the Created, Changeling the Lost, Hunter the Vigil, Geist the Sin-Eaters, Mummy the Curse, Demon the Descent, Beast the Primordial, Deviant the Renegades
The Chronicles of Darkness games are all now available under the "2nd edtion" (which is the first edition of DtD, BtP and DtR).
For oWoD, you have the 20th anniversary lines for VtM, WtA, MtAs, WtO and CtL. There's also V5 and H5 (which is the 2nd edition of Hunter but has little in common with HtR1 except the name). MtR and DtF haven't got a new edition in about 20 years and MtR requires a corebook of the other games since it doesn't contain the basic rules. The same also applies to Kindred of the East which is rather distinct from VtM and unlikely to get a new edition. Werewolf5 and Mage5 are in the works as far as I know.
The different lines can be somewhat confusing.

Remove ads