• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

a message from george to the one-week boycotters

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I'd still put good money on The Two Towers making more than AOTC.

FOTR made a huge splash, and its sequel will be a major event with much anticipation.

On the other hand, as others here keep telling me, AOTC is "just a movie." It suffers from (a) bad blood (at worst) or ennui (at best) over Ep1, and (b) it's telling a story everyone already knows.

And (c), it doesn't tell it particularly well...

I just don't see AOTC being THE movie of the year.

Wulf

King_Stannis

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:
I'd still put good money on The Two Towers making more than AOTC.

FOTR made a huge splash, and its sequel will be a major event with much anticipation...

i'm not sure. much as i'm looking forward to TTT, i don't see how it can top FotR at the boxoffice. let's face it, everyone who wanted to see the first movie probably did see it - most likely more than once. i'm sure, though, that there were people who went to FotR and didn't care for it. fair enough. those people won't be going this time around - why go to a sequal of a series you don't care for? it will still attract the hardcores, but they were going to see it anyways. i just don't see how TTT will attract a "new" audience to the series, but with the first one making $310 million, i'm not even sure they have to.

i see TTT doing between 250 and 300 million dollars, a monster hit to be sure - but perhaps not quite as big as FotR. Certainly not as big as AotC and spiderman.

Remove ads