• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Call to Arms (OOC) (Recruiting)

Narrator

Banned
Banned
EDIT: One more opening is available due to a player having to drop out for personal reasons. If you wish to play, drop me an email and we'll discuss it. Unfortunately, the guidelines indicated below are no longer available but if you peruse the IC thread (look for the Narrator nick) then you should get a good idea of requirements and I'll discuss them with anyone who emails me anyway.

Although I have several 'maybe' players and one confirmed player, I'm still seeking at least two or three more players. I will be limiting the maximum player count to six so there are currently three openings. If the two maybe's decide not to play, then their spots will also become available.

The requirements are many, however, so please think carefully before applying. The current set of requirements are available to peruse here: PBP Guide.

The further requirements have to do with character creation. You have to be willing to discuss and create with me a fairly detailed character history that ties in with Greyhawk lore, as I see it.

All characters will be starting at 1st-level and will be made using 3rd ed. rules and non-standard point-buy (28 points). Any non-core feat, ability, spell, etc. is available only on request.

There will be no psionics and no monks.

A passing knowledge of Greyhawkania is a definite benefit, however it is not a requirement. It should also be noted, that although I intend to use the world as presented in 585 C.Y., that once play begins it is my world and I will change, alter, mess with, obscure and filch whatever and however I see fit. The world, therefore, as you know it, may not turn out to be what you think it should be.

Characters will have full starting gold for their class and can have made items if they incorporate the learning and practice of such skills in their history and have the appropriate scores to enable the work. It is, therefore, possible to have a masterwork weapon straight off the bat, or a high AC armour, or alchemical items galore, or poisons, or scrolls and whatnot.

However, it should be noted that I will also be running the game on the premise that every reward is halved. Therefore characters will not be as rich as the standard rules allow for them to be. I will also be using the same premise for XP gained. Therefore progression will be slower than normal.

Having said that, I will also be giving copious amounts of story awards and roleplaying XP. And if you search for particular treasures, or happenstance across them in an adventure, then I won't be consulting any tables in order to 'balance' treasure by level. You find what you find and you get what you seek... maybe :)

I run a tight ship... however that doesn't mean the game won't be fun. I just believe in getting all the nasty stuff like rules and half-XP/half-gp, out of the way before the game begins, that way everything can only get better :)

Last edited:

Poto Knezer

First Post
I'm interested

I think I'd like to play this. Greyhawk is my favorite world. I read your notes & think I can handle that. What's my next step?

drs

First Post
I'd love to play in this, although I only have that small gazette thing on Greyhawk, better than nothin' :). As Poto Knezer, read the guide and am up for it, what next?

Character would be human, and either Paladin or Rogue or Sor/Wiz if theres a lack of casters.

Gyoza Dog

First Post
I'd definately be interested in playing. Your rules sound sensible.

My background in Greyhawk is mostly through the Living Greyhawk RPGA campaign which has made me want to learn more about the world.

If possible I'd like to play a fighter or sorcerer but am willing to fill any gaps the party has.

Narrator

Banned
Banned
Closed

I have also sought players on a mailing list so unfortunately, I got two positions filled through there, before here.

I'd love to pick and choose my players based on playing skill, however it's only fair to do it on a first come, first serve basis.

Therefore, as things stand now, with Poto Knezer, the three positions are filled. However, it's looking very unlikely that one of the positions I was reserving is going to be filled, so drs is in with a chance. Gyoza, if I find out that the other reserved position becomes unavailable, will you still be interested?

So, the current player lineup is:

johnsemlak
Poto Knezer
Ed Podsiad (unregistered)
Gabriel (unregistered)
GLH (unregistered)
Montand (unregistered)

Well, if I get all the players, I will have brought four newbies to EN World! :)

Narrator

Banned
Banned
Ok, I've just been informed one of the reserved positions has been made available! He'll regret dropping out so :)~ to him :)

So the current line-up is:

johnsemlak
Poto Knezer
drs
Ed Podsiad (unregistered)
Gabriel (unregistered)
GLH (unregistered)

Narrator

Banned
Banned
PC request

Ok, four positions have been confirmed. That is my 'green light' signal to go ahead and start making characters. Please start by either posting here or emailing me (ddk@iprimus.com.au) a basic idea of your character concept. If you know anything about Greyhawk, feel free to tell me where you would like to have the character come from and where he got his training, etc.

Remember, this is Greyhawk 585 C.Y. That's six years before the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (591 C.Y.) and is just after the Greyhawk Wars have come to a close. The world that the PC's know is in ruin. Poverty, disease, famine and banditry are all rampant. The nations of the Flanaess are barely able to run their courts, let alone their lands. Fiends, humanoid hordes, and worse run free and unchecked, causing mayhem and violence wherever they go. This is a time of great opportunity. It is a spawning ground of legendary heroes... and the most depraved of villains.

Which will your character be?

drs

First Post
Good, good, glad to be in what looks like a very stable game. Ok I'll just put down a quick idea for a character, tell me what you think Narrator.

Vendil Stonly (CG Human Sorcerer), born in Geoff.
He was taught by his father's brother (a small time wizard) to harness his limited skill with spells (during his late teens). Father was a Knight of Dispatch who died in battle against giants or some such. This was when Vendil was at the age of 21, his mother and family decided to flee to Gran March, he though chose a different path. This is because his mother had fallen in love with (and pursued a relationship with) Vedil's uncle and teacher. Other than causing Vendil to part, it has given him little reason to make him want to further his powers as a caster.

So Vendil will probably multi-class into a fighter class or rogue once able.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads