• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e-when do you want it?

When would you like to see DandD 4e released?

Votes: 3 1.1%

Votes: 3 1.1%

Votes: 18 6.5%

Votes: 40 14.5%

Votes: 72 26.1%

Votes: 9 3.3%

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • After 2012

Votes: 33 12.0%
  • Never

Votes: 53 19.2%

I sometimes wish Hasbro would dump the D&D franchise altogether. That they would declare D&D unprofitable and stop producing gratuitous editions that aren't classified with whole numbers and aren't just petty errata. They just want me to buy the same 30 books that cost 30 dollars each over and over every three years. If D&D was off the line, it'd be great. I have all of the 3rd edition stuff I could ever need to play for decades. Sure, new supplements would cease to be created, but a portion of the things created on this website are just as clever. All of this "core/SRD" crap would be nixed. I'm tired of buying flashy Monster Manuals and discovering that the WOTC website and all of the other supplements pretend it doesn't exist. I'm tired of rulebooks with redundant rules. I'm tired of people posting on this board whining about how WOTC is a business that's just trying to make money and they're glad they get to buy new rulebooks every three months. The mafia is a business just trying to make money, as well. I play D&D because I find it fun. I don't play it because I like to support the "RPG economy". It’s just annoying. If another edition that has a substantial improvement on the game comes out in ten years, and in the mean time they continue to create interesting rules supplements, that will be fine. But if they make a 4th edition any time soon, I am not buying it. I don’t care if my friends insist. I clenched my teeth and tolerated the conversion to 3.5, and all of they petty rules that aren’t necessarily for the worse, but not necessarily for the better either. WOTC already stopped producing adventures because they weren’t profitable, and now their supplements are getting less creative and helpful and more centered around incorporating D&D into their little collectable niche market they founded with Pokémon cards and it’s ilk, and centered around creating completely alien rules systems so we can buy more of their products. I realized that they’re a corporation that needs to make money, but I can still be irritated by their gradual decrease in quality.

dren

First Post
2012. As late as possible, with as many variations and supplements put out between now and then.

Unless, they give us a downloadable pdf version, so I would only need my laptop to play. I would accept that maybe as early as 2007.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I know it was unrealistic, but I chose "Never".

The reason I clicked that one was because it felt odd being asked when I wanted my current material to become obselete, instead of asking me if I wanted my current material to become obselete. It's one of those loaded questions, like "when did you stop beating your wife?"

I know there's eventually going to be a 4E, it's inevitable. But it's inevitable that, say, we have to do our taxes. Neither are something we particularly want to happen, and we'd gladly see them never come around...as unrealistic as that desire may be.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I expect it will show up around 2008.

Longer than between 3 and 3.5, but quickly enough to keep the game 'fresh' in the minds of retailers. (Which is more important than in the minds of fans, at least as far as sales go.)

The Auld Grump

Li Shenron

Legend
It is very interesting to read how the majority of the voters (for now) want 4ed to come as late as possible if ever. Neverthless, there are so many threads around about this topic that just make me feel like the real majority is really longing to have it as soon as possible... :)

MonsterMash

First Post
I voted for never. I'm happy enough with 3.5 as it stands, I'll stick to my metal minis where I choose what I'm buying not getting random packages and WotC will get very little of my money. If WotC want me to buy product then they need to produce good adventures, not splatbooks or settings.

I'll admit I don't really buy all the consumer comparisons made, though if I buy another new car I'd expect it to last more than 3 years....

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I chose never.

But it doesn't matter much to me. I doubt I'd buy it. I'm a 3E girl. I've got thousands of dollars invested in it, and I continue to sink money in every month. I am not interested in having my collection become obsolete. So if it does, then I'll just give my players burned copies of the SRD, along with a file of house rules, and we'll go happily on forever. No problem at all.

Cerubus Dark

First Post
RFisher said:
There's a poll asking when you think 4e will appear.

I ask: When do you want 4e to appear?
I want 4th editon to apper after I have died of old age, or by the time the earth slams into the sun.

[dice]

rolling for sun slam damage!

diaglo

Adventurer
Never.

i want them to go back to supporting existing editions.

Original D&D(1974) is the only true game. All the other editions are just poor imitations of the real thing. :D

Cerubus Dark

First Post
diaglo said:
Never.

i want them to go back to supporting existing editions.

Original D&D(1974) is the only true game. All the other editions are just poor imitations of the real thing. :D
Wait next you will want Micro$oft to support the Commador 64!

:]

Remove ads