• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E conversations

Andre

First Post
stevelabny said:
Because not only are they silly and irritating, but theyre also irresponsible and potentially damaging. Some of the 4E posts are serious, and every time some naive newcomer reads one and believes it, it creates unnecessary and undeserved animosity towards WOTC.

Now you can argue, and you'd be right, that anyone who believes the 4e nonsense and flips out about it, and starts boycotting products is a bit on the stupid side, BUT why encourage them? For the sake of "d&d" its better to not cause problems by spreading silly rumors and speculaton.

They just seem to be the kind of threads that offer a whole lot less than the trouble they cause, and the kind of thing that the denizens of this board tend to say that they cant stand on the WOTC boards.

I can see your reasoning, but then a whole lot of threads could fall into this category. Do we ban them all? Who decides? I much prefer the relatively clear yet broad limitations we currently have (no politics, no bad language, etc).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And let us not forget the irony, that the site was born from the rumors of and speculative discussion of an edition that did not yet exist...

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Umbran said:
And let us not forget the irony, that the site was born from the rumors of and speculative discussion of an edition that did not yet exist...
Actually, Eric was careful to avoid rumors. In the beginning, only verifiable info was posted.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
stevelabny said:
i wasnt around from Day 1...wasn't the site started after 3e was announced but before it was released?
Eric started it during Gen Con, when it was first announced, a full year before release.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Umbran said:

thalmin said:
Actually, Eric was careful to avoid rumors. In the beginning, only verifiable info was posted.

Well. now I've seen everything! Someone out "Actually-ed" Umbran! :p

the Jester

Legend
thalmin said:

Er, actually, in the beginning there was no way to verify anything, really.

Remember when we heard that fear and horror checks were going to be a part of core 3e, for instance? ;)

diaglo

Adventurer
stevelabny said:
Well apparently nobody agrees with me so it doesnt matter, but why?

Because not only are they silly and irritating, but theyre also irresponsible and potentially damaging. Some of the 4E posts are serious, and every time some naive newcomer reads one and believes it, it creates unnecessary and undeserved animosity towards WOTC.

Now you can argue, and you'd be right, that anyone who believes the 4e nonsense and flips out about it, and starts boycotting products is a bit on the stupid side, BUT why encourage them? For the sake of "d&d" its better to not cause problems by spreading silly rumors and speculaton.

They just seem to be the kind of threads that offer a whole lot less than the trouble they cause, and the kind of thing that the denizens of this board tend to say that they cant stand on the WOTC boards.

So that's what I was thinking. Since you asked. I will now go back to my regularly scheduled nonsense posting elsewhere. :D

calling people stupid and bad thinkers is not viewed as good form here. please refrain from doing that.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
thalmin said:

Only verifiable info was bosted by Eric, as news. Are you trying to tell me there was no speculative discussion on the message boards?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I'm embarrassed to admit, I didn't know he had a messageboard in the beginning. I thought it was added later.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads