• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3e Beginner Question

Li Shenron

Legend
Golandrinel said:
Does the DMG give rules on creating new PRC's? (My DMG arrives tomorrow .. I'm excited! How odd! The mere mention of 3e used to turn my milk sour!!!)

Not really, there are very small guidelines but not rules. You have to be careful at least in balancing them with other PrCl (which are supposed to be slightly better than core classes) and in setting correct requirements, which usually impose a resonable limit on the minimum character level to qualify. I have already read hundreds of PrCls from several books, but I am still not confindent about being able to write my own correctly.

You can ask advices here on these forums, if you are already trained in facing our fiery debates :)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I think the revised DMG will have more advice for creating PrC's. But, as Li Shenron said: just ask for advice here, or post your work and let our personnel tear it asunder ;)

Remove ads