• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E 3.x Spells with 2e sensibilities?

Loonook

First Post
Ladies, Gentlemen, Children of All Ages (Allowed to Post on ENWorld),

I've been looking for a possible source for spells listed by the 2e 'rarity' system for 3.x. Sadly my Googling skills are weak OR no one has ever actually completed one. I'm also looking for any possible conversions of Cleric spells to something I could utilize along the lines of spheres. I am completely aware of the fact that 3e Divine Casters receive 'any' spell they desire; however, I am looking to see if anyone may have taken the older style of casting and made a cool list so I do not have to do all of the dirty work.

If not? I guess I will have to go to the drawing board :(.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

the Jester

Legend
For my campaign, I had a simple rarity system: If it's in the PH (or any of a number of other spells from my campaign that I specifically designate as such), it's common.

If it's in any of what I consider to be "secondary sources"- usually Arcane and Divine Power and most of the homebrewed spells I have (which... let's just say there are tons of them)- it's uncommon. Note that in certain areas, certain books are secondary sources that are not sses elsewhere (e.g. Frostburn is a ss in arctic lands).

If it's from anywhere else, or specifically designated as such, it's rare.

Loonook

First Post
Interesting Jester. So am I understanding that this would change if, for example, you were in a game where Stormwrack would make sense as a source for 'common' spells?

Slainte,

-Loonook.

the Jester

Legend
Yes- but more properly, it would change if you were in an area of the campaign world (coastal or island area) where e.g Stormwrack would make sense as a source for common spells.

Loonook

First Post
Well of course. That would only make sense.

Excellent! I have a baseline and at least someone in agreement... Guess I will go from there.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads