• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5e] One feat = 2 weapon fighting at -2/-2?

Ranger REG

Explorer
maddman75 said:

I don't like this change actually, and I may not use it. I don't want TWF to be easier to do. Its just a personal prejudice that comes from too many fighters in 2e, wearing full plate and two long swords. Boring. My hat of TFW know no limit.
IIRC, it's because they allow 2e version of two-weapon fighting style specialization to have absolutely no penalty for that extra attack.

Of course, a lot of those 2e fans who are playing 3e are also complaining about that lingering two-weapon fighting penalties and wants to reduce that to basically ... heh ... zero (aka nothing, nada, zilch, etc.). :p

That and full Str bonus to the off-hand attack(s).

Last edited:

Technik4

First Post
pseudo-on topic. I have commented on a possible way for Ambidexterity to stick around in 3.5, check out my post on the general discussion boards.

Technik

Mjollnir

First Post
Consider this:
Imagine a warrior type like Zaknafein (Drizzt's father) wielding two longswords (we could think of an actual fighter or ranger, maybe a combination of both, or some other fighting-oriented class). How would the final modifiers be?
Let's say this character have, at least, Ambidexterety and Two Weapon Fighting feats...
And another thing, apart from Improved Two Weapon Fighting feat, could this character cancel any penalization with another feat wielding the two twin longswords in 3.5 ed.? Thanks

green slime

First Post
Mjollnir said:
Consider this:
Imagine a warrior type like Zaknafein (Drizzt's father) wielding two longswords (we could think of an actual fighter or ranger, maybe a combination of both, or some other fighting-oriented class). How would the final modifiers be?
Let's say this character have, at least, Ambidexterety and Two Weapon Fighting feats...
And another thing, apart from Improved Two Weapon Fighting feat, could this character cancel any penalization with another feat wielding the two twin longswords in 3.5 ed.? Thanks

Well, taking Exotic Weapon (Bastard Sword) would result in the same average damage as a two-weapon wielding short sword wielder power attacking with 2.

Bastard sword (exotic) 2-weapon wielded -4 to hit, d10 damage (5.5 average)
Short sword (w power attack 2) -4 to hit, d6+2 damage (5.5 average).

Just thought I'd point that out.

00durrin

First Post
i haven't read every post yet, so excuse me if it's already been mentioned...
but is it possible that two weapon fighting will be just like the ranger pseudo feat they get for free...i.e. only usable with light or no armor?
maybe they are taking two weapon fighting out altogether if you are wearing medium or heavy armor
though that would suck for the sword and shield fighter who uses his shield to bash...

Remove ads