• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5e feat "Magical Affinity". I'll bite, what is it?

The only meaningful Google reference to Magical Affinity refers to a feat that allows characters to take ranks of a skill called "Affinity". Does anybody know if this is what the 3.5e Magical Affinity feat is about?

Technik4

First Post
My personal guess is that it adds a favored class of the spellcasting class of your choice. At least, thats what it seems like it would do.

Other speculation includes a vanilla +2/+2 feat, something akin to Spellcasting Prodigy, or a feat that lets you cast 3 small cantrips/day (which is personally my least favorite, as Ive never heard of a PC taking that feat).

Technik

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It makes your fireball come out as a pellet, instead of as a fiery sphere? :p

- Pirate "No one's going to get this" Cat

PS Seriously, SOAPman, good to see you around!

Aloïsius

First Post
Sonofapreacherman said:
The only meaningful Google reference to Magical Affinity refers to a feat that allows characters to take ranks of a skill called "Affinity". Does anybody know if this is what the 3.5e Magical Affinity feat is about?

You have surely stumbled upon one of the Ars Magica merits&flaw, called magical affinity, and which allow you to take rank in a skill you add to your roll for determining magical effects. Example : magical affinity"air" let you devellop an "air" skill you may add to any "air" spell. It's not D&D, it's not D20.

I don't know what will this feat be in 3.5. If it looks like its Ars Magica equivalent, it may be +2 caster level for spell dealing with such or such energy (like in Races of Faerun).

Dragongrief

Explorer
Piratecat said:

Those were the good ole days....

Umm... I'd guess that it is either (as some have suggested) one of the many "+2 to 2" feats, or something along the lines of what gnomes get.

Darklone

Ok, third post...

It's probably from the KoK PG. It allows a player to cast a few cantrips per day similar to a gnome.

Victim

First Post
Piratecat said:

PS Seriously, SOAPman, good to see you around!

I'm pretty sure I said it the first time around, but the wand of fire descriptions always shot a small bead or pellet.

I just hope it's not Spellcasting Prodigy.

Remove ads