• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Magic Item Stat Blocks

Glyfair

Explorer
The newest Polyhedron has a few magic items listed. In the creation section of the item, they list the type of magic & power level. For example, the Silver Sword is listed as "Moderate Necromancy."

Presumbably, this is just a shortcut to let DMs know what type & level of magic these items will detect as. However, it's also possible that this is some sort of prerequisite for creating the item.

Glyfair of Glamis

coyote6

Adventurer
That's cool; flipping between books & pages, trying to figure out what a magic item detects as, can be quite a time-wasting pain.

fba827

Adventurer
Glyfair said:
The newest Polyhedron has a few magic items listed. In the creation section of the item, they list the type of magic & power level. For example, the Silver Sword is listed as "Moderate Necromancy."

Presumbably, this is just a shortcut to let DMs know what type & level of magic these items will detect as. However, it's also possible that this is some sort of prerequisite for creating the item.

Glyfair of Glamis

If they keep the format similar to the 3e format (and just adding new info) then it'd be a new prereq only if it comes after the word prereq. If it's before that word (like caster level) then it is just there for information/affect purposes. :)

I think it's a good addition if it is standard info... as previously said, cuts down on flipping through the books which is always a good thing :)

Aaron2

Explorer
Glyfair said:

I'm glad they did that. I've been recording the aura's for each item before I let my players get them and its a huge pain. I'd also like to see hardness/hit point/save info.

Aaron

Remove ads