• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Feinting in Combat

Destil

Explorer
Quick language check: You're never 'flat-footed' after you act in combat. What you mean is "Do you still loose your Dex bonus to AC?" Unless this has been changed in the revison.

Question still stands, though.

James McMurray

First Post
ACtually, if I'm not mistaken, the Quicker than the Eye Feat specifically mentions catching your opponent flat-footed with a bluff check. I believe there are other places where this is written as well. Its a very important distinction though, given that it would allow Uncanny Dodgers to ignore being bluffed.

Madfox

First Post
Opponents with the uncanny dodge can be effected by a feint. It was one of the things I checked when I borrowed the revised edition PHB. The mechanics are slightly changed though, since it is NOT a flat sense motive check. The base attack roll of the opponent is added to the sense motive roll.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Madfox said:
Opponents with the uncanny dodge can be effected by a feint. It was one of the things I checked when I borrowed the revised edition PHB. The mechanics are slightly changed though, since it is NOT a flat sense motive check. The base attack roll of the opponent is added to the sense motive roll.

Whoah!

OK, that's interesting. Makes fighters a lot tougher to feint, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

But...it also makes classes with Sense Motive nearly impossible to feint (at least at higher levels).

J

Murrdox

First Post
A very GOOD thing, because a Rogue can out-bluff nearly everything there is. There's almost no chance of failure for a rogue with a maxed bluff skill to fail against the sense motive or spot checks of most other NPCs and monsters.

Remove ads