• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E 2e Reprints, anyone else notice?

JeffB

Legend
I understand using the most recent version, since it includes errata, but I find the "black" version considerably uglier.
+1. The layout is horrible as well.

AFAIK, from.research I have done in the paston the various collector sites, the original books were eratta'ed for each print run (though not all of it was taken care of by the final print of the first cover), and the black books had their own significant amount as well. Either way, WOTC would have some work to do.

At any rate, not a biggie, just wish I could get premium reprints of the original books.

Last edited:

I'm quite happy, I have my original 1st printing books, still in good condition. But don't have the black covered ones, not sure the even made it to NZ! So that is good for my collection.

Maccwar

Explorer
I love my original style 2e PHB but my wife has the black border version. I can never find what I want in her copy and it never opens up at the right pages. Hers is, however, in considerably better condition. Buying a premium copy of the black border version would feel like losing a very long running argument.

hedgeknight

Explorer
I already have a beautiful copy of the DMG and I have the other books in pdf - plus, they are also available online if you know where to look. So, I'll keep my save my dough for at least one gaming convention this year.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads