• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E 1e The World of Greyhawk...reprint WotC

Armadillo

Explorer
Selling my Greyhawk folio and hex map is one of my few regrets from shelf-cleaning. I like the setting agnostic or toolkits for tuning rules to a setting that they seem to be taking with Next, and I'd really like to see a modern return to Greyhawk.

My "essential" Greyhawk consists of the 1983 boxed set + the LGG. I don't agree with everything in the LGG, but it provides great expansion over the bare-bones 1983 descriptions.

Me too. Those 2 publications, plus the Paizo-era maps, accumulated homemade Greyhawk from over the years, Paizo's Shackled City Adventure Path, and random bits and bobs from the AOL Greyhawk discussion board in the late 1990s and other Greyhawk fan-made or unpublished materials (like Ivid the Undying) comprise my homebrew version of Greyhawk.

Happy to share . . . my campaigns are currently in Bissel (tons of homemade material) and Cauldron (lots of stuff on Paizo's discussion site, including my contribution about Cauldron socioeconomics -- I think it's like the British Caribbean colonies pre-abolition).

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I have two sets. I got the 2nd set for the maps and the booklets after I realized what I had done to the first set.

If you take a pencil eraser, and lightly rub on the original maps, you can remove the color. Then you can ink in new terrain or settlements. And add new color. Or rename countries....or delete them to create more wilderness.

Oh what destruction I have wrought over the years.

I just put my money where my mouth is about reprints. I just went down to the local Barnes & Noble and bought the 3.5e DM and 3.5e MMI for about $105 (after sales tax, grande latte, and my wife's B&N member discount -- MSRP Is $49.95 each).

I figure buying stuff is a good way to "vote" to Hasbro's leadership about what the people want. :)

Remove ads