Spoilers X-Men '97 spoilers

Finally caught up, did any one else have an "oh sh-" moment when Omega Red opened his eyes? I'm also glad that this isn't another Apocalypse plot.

Episodes 8 easter eggs:

• Professor X returns to the credits this week, while we also get a glimpse of Magneto and Asteroid M, his former orbital headquarters.
  • "A dystopia where Wolverine is the last to die" could refer to multiple stories, but the most well-known is Old Man Logan, where he's the last living X-Man in a future wasteland.
  • The mutant seen altering the Earth's magnetic poles is none other than Polaris, daughter of Magneto, while the mutant seen rebuilding the Golden Gate bridge is Rachel Summers, the daughter of Scott Summers and Jean Grey from an alt-future, making her Cable's half-sister.
  • Kamar-Taj is the magic city where Doctor Strange's mentor the Ancient One lives, as seen in the MCU.
  • It sounds a lot like Beast is explaining the same concept behind 'Canon Events' from Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.
  • General William Stryker, on the TV, is a classic X-Men villain from the story 'God Loves, Man Kills,' which was adapted into the film X-Men 2.
  • Magneto's position on the St. Andrew's cross is similar to Wolverine on artist Marc Silvestri's classic cover for Uncanny X-Men #251.
  • Jubilee's all-black suit is reminiscent of what she wore when she was a vampire in comics (she eventually got better).
  • In comics, Bastion was never a human at all.
  • The bald Prime Sentinel in the skirt is Daria, who helped Jubilee escape torture by Bastion in the comic book version of Operation: Zero Tolerance.
  • Doctor Doom, Baron Zemo, Spider-Man, Silver Samurai, Omega Red all appear in cameos from around the Marvel Universe.
  • Why does the "average Joe" look like Joe Dirt?
  • Bastion's surrogate mother is named Rose Gilberti. She is not a Sentinel in comics.
  • Morph's big transformation this episode (pun intended) is Juggernaut.
  • In comics, the Prime Sentinels were deactivated by Bastion himself, facing arrest from SHIELD.
3) I’m not a fan of this new cable. The old cable was much more gnarled and cynical, it might partly be the voice actor but I’m not not feeling this new version.
I do miss his old VA, that one did add the gruff old solider aspect to the voice.

I will say my only complaint in this episode is that they continue this Sailor Moon magical girl transformation where costumes literally appear out of thin air. That is a weird choice that is definitely a phenomenon of the new show rather than the old.

It is at the end of the day a minor nitpick.
Wasn't it formed from the feathers of the Adversary (I guess still magical though)?

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
Ooph! The whole series so far—and this episode in particular—hit a little too close to home as a queer person. The threat of having anyone turn on you, (because they're afraid you represent the end of "normal"/people like them), is something all queer people have to deal with. The heart-breaking when loved ones turn their back on you, the fear of being discovered, and sense of isolation and lack of care from those who aren't under threat (the whole Dr. Cooper speech): all of that and more took center stage in this episode and I felt it.

On the other hand, that's why I and so many other queers love the X-Men so much, as it feels like a faithful and genuine representation of both our hopes and fears through metaphor.

Kaodi

Hero
This also seems to be an extremely strange time to be airing a series like this with the phrase, "Magneto is right," , if you know, like, anything at all about Middle Eastern politics.

1000000342.jpg

Remove ads