• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Use a power to gain a power (Scan the Field / Strategic Strike )

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am thinking that Strategically placed strike is an sort of an at-will that is ie triggered by the use of the Inspiring strike or Scanning the field exploits . I am now wondering If those abilities were combined like a monks ahem martial discipline it would be either move your speed or perform the attack as defined with an effect of recover an encounter power or trigger the use of strategically placed strike. Could call it Tactical Re-adjustment.
So if one is a Warlord the Tactical Re-adjustment could enable an ally to perform a maneuver if you prefered?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
If you wanted to be kind, you could say that on their next round they get to roll twice and take the better result for their use of the new power.
i am not requiring the loss of an unused one just a different one than they had in mind.

So I am thinking a feat could allow you to roll twice and take the better if you expend an unused exploit when using an inspired/discovered one via a Tactical Re-adjustment. What to call that feat. Tactical Fluidity?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The idea underlying this is sort of prototyping of a different derived system where one doesn't necessarily need the slotting resources currently used. If powers all scaled that would generally work better I think. Everyone would get buffed up of course why not?

Remove ads