• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UPDATE! NPC Equipment Generator v 2.1

malakai6276

First Post
OK, I've been paying close attention to the suggestions made by many of the NPCEQ users out there and have now released a newer version of my NPC Equipment Generator. The new version should be available from Jamis Bucks RPG Generators shortly, but if you can't wait you can download it directly from my server at the following address:

http://128.8.88.28/games/npceq/index.htm

The new version includes the following changes and additions:

version 2.1

- Fixed a bug that prevented high-level NPC's from carrying shields (especially bards and rangers). Now the presence of shields at high levels.depends more on chance.

- Added spells from Defenders of the Faith, Forgotten Realms (Core), Tome&Blood and Song&Silence that were [erroneously] left out in v 2.0.
- Added support for Intelligent items. It's a not perfect, but generally it will work. If you end up getting an item with a "Special Purpose" it probably will be so powerful anyway that you'll hand to hand craft it.
- NP Character size is now adjustable. Although anything larger than "Large" is basically treated the same becuase there are _very_ few items that are restricted to really big NPC's. This feature is included, however, mainly for people who are making "Small" characters and for future capabilities.
- Added equipment from Masters of The Wild.
- Added Schools of Magic, sub-schools, and spell types for every spell from all the sources.
- Added new magical item type, Infusions, from Masters of the Wild. Infusions will only be generated for Adepts, Rangers, and Druids in place of scrolls, and only if MOTW is being used as a data source. Otherwise, those classes will still get scrolls as usual.
- Added a File menu which allows you to "Save" a list or "Open" an old list. This is a very basic file chooser. It basically dumps any text file you pick into NPCEQ. There are no extension defaults, so name the files you save as anything you want.
- Added a much requested "Print" option.
- Moved the "Exit" button to the File menu.

Hope you all enjoy it... thanks again and keep up the suggestions/critics/comments...

Cheers! -- jonathan.

PS: i also tried to attach the compressed .zip file to this post, but I don't know if it will work....

Attachments

• npceq_2.1.zip
    143 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Remove ads