• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Injuries and Wounds for 4e; and Class Acts: Seeker!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I will immediately put the injury rules into my games (albeit with some modifications).

I've been waiting for this article for about a year, ever since it was accidentally added, then removed from last August's calendar.

So the changes I'm making to it, besides expanding the size of the deck with more different injuries, is that I like keeping what little deadliness 4e has, so rather than using permanent injuries in lieu of death, I will be changing the conditions met to acquire them. I'm keeping the first condition - if you drop below 1hp, you make a save at the end of the combat to see if you get one.

I'm replacing the one where you "die" by failing death saves with a minor injury for your first failed death save, and either a second one or one major for your second failed death save. Third failed death save, you still die. If you die and get brought back, you have a chance to come back with an injury.

I'm also replacing the "death by negative bloodied" injury, because I want to keep that as a way to die. Instead, if you ever take damage equal to your bloodied value in one hit, you get an injury (or maybe an injury save - we'll see).

Having one every time you get bloodied seems excessive, but if these don't see enough use, I may tinker with it. Maybe make a save the first time you are bloodied in a fight? I dunno. I am going to play with it.

Seeker article was good, too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads