• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tomb of Entropy (Bugbears&Borderlands adventure [Basic 5e])

Sacrosanct

Legend
Some you have been participating in the discussion a week or two back about Bugbears&Borderlands, a streamlined 5e Basic clone. Well, let me introduce you to Tomb of Entropy, the first introductory adventurer designed for B&B, yet totally 5e compatible as well.

Love to hear your thoughts before I run this through editing and make any major changes :)

coverweb.jpg

tombofentropy coverweb.png

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Ok, wow. So simple yet complex. An evolving dungeon as a starter set? That's gutsy.
I love how again the end goal might be resolved with roleplaying and making non-aggressive progress through the adventure like in Twilight Fables.

I dont know how I feel about the 3rd iteration and Furly. Its creepy as-hell, but I'm not sure the whole ''candy land and child room'' theme fits the rest of the tomb. The contrast is nice with the more ''undead'' theme of the others, I must agree.

My personal idea would be to lean harder in the haunted child room theme.

The idea would be that Za, in brief moment of lucidity, felt bad for the children of those he experimented on, so he sent his goblin (I'd go for a bugbear, to keep with the name of the game) to capture the kids in order to protect them in a magical orphanage. Sadly, he often forgot rapidly about them, leaving them lost in a magical place seeping with negative energy where they eventually became Skulk (I dont know if you have the rights to this creature). Furly the Bugbear slowly became haunted by the invisible lost children, becoming more and more a child himself, forgetting he once was their captor. Then you could go all ''fun-house dungeon with a creepy vibe'' playing kids games against the imaginary friends of Furly in a medieval rendition of Squid Games.

Again, I'm the edgy-est edgelord there is, its probably a little too dark for a beginner adventure.

Remove ads