The Mystery in Bridgetown

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Cycle: 498: Day: 76. Season: Stasis.
Jaguar: 22(observe) + 58, 59, 74, 83(d100) = 80, 81, 96, 105
Whisper: 25(perception) + 58, 59, 74, 83 = 93, 94, 99, 108
Killian waves Jaguar off. “No, no, nothing so dramatic. I need to show you some of the younger children for it to make sense.”

In the morning Whsiper arrives at the fish lodge and Killian leads the two boys back toward the bridge that divides the town and gives it its name. After speaking to a few of the adults, several younger children are brought to the plaza. Killian shows the two companions what appears to be bites upon the neck or the top of the head on them. The bites look like tiny chew marks, not the fang marks that might have been caused by a spider. Killian says, “Some of the villagers thought that the beetles in my compost pile had started chewing on people. Insects are not like people who can eat almost anything. Beets that eat rotting vegetation cannot eat meat. I also know of no insects that eat fresh meat, though some do eat carrion. This is something else.”

He continues, dismissing the children to go back to playing. “Here is what I learned while you were gone: All of the attacks seem to have occurred on the west side of town, downstream, just about the time the Daylight wanes. The children were playing along the river and away from the light fires of town. A couple of adults think that something might have landed on them trying to bite, but they do not know what it was. They know it landed on them, not crawled up them. So whatever is doing this, it must fly. I know beetles can fly but I still think that it is something else.”

Looking expectantly, he adds, “Now that you two are back, you are probably better suited to look into this mystery than I am. I think the culprits are following along the river coming in from west of town. What say you to looking into this matter?”
Jaguar: full wellness
darts: 8
Whisper: full wellness
coins: 64 ocrin

Muddle Leaf: 1: {muddle x2}
Soothe Leaf: 1: {Soothe x2}: 2 ocrins

Milkstone: 1: (Will +1): 10 ocrins

iron: 1: {shock x2}: 5 ocrins
tin: 1: {muddle x2}: 1 ocrin
Gastrobon: Centrin man: Plaza Tavern owner, Bridgetown.
Merita: Centrin woman: Plaza Tavern cook, heartmate of Gastrobon.
Grandon: Centrin man: Grist Mill operator, Bridgetown.
Farlen & Hortica: Centrin couple: farmers, Bridgetown.
Killian: Spiofthest man: fisherman, Bridgetown.
Sheldon & Indigo: alchemists, South Road Fair.
GM: Each character receives 9 DP.
OOC: State nominal actions and intentions. Provide 2 random rolls.

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Whisper lokks at Jaguar and nods his head in affirmation. “We should do this. You and I, being different from most others, can earn some respect. I also think that this is something we can determine. We can follow the river just outside of town, while it is easy to see, and do some exploring. By evening we should camp near the river without making a fire to see if we are attacked and can capture or kill one of the culprits.”
OOC: 61, 86

Remove ads