• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruting Closed: The Ghosts Of Adiel

Sulli

First Post
i still need to know who's character is ho. ill be getting the items to you soon VIA E-mail. and i don't think i will start the campain till atleast the weekend. ill be busy with the characters shoping and probly other odd jobas around the house so ill tri to get the information to you players A.S.A.P.

Sulli

First Post
ok i read over all the character and i like all the backgrounds. there was a few charges that i made tyo the characters, one change was adding an item that i thing would be helpful to you character. he is the things i charnged.

Asher the stroller you got a clock of displacment Minor (20 % miss chance)

Aramae plantir, i took you dagers and made them spell storing/holy

Lilly whyte, you got bracers of armour +5 to replace your +1 bracers.

rilaine "the Steadfast", you got ring of invisablility.

Jemal, you got 2 wand, one of cure serious, and one of levitate.

Just ot let you know i ramdily rolled all this up and chose from the rolls. i will be starting the campain once i get my note together. ill start a new thread when im ready so look for the ghosts of adiel IC.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
UM, MR DM and Bob Aberton...
I don't know if you've noticed it yet, but how did Bob Aberton get his stats? They say:
Str: 14
Dex: 18
Con: 16
Int: 16
Wis: 11
Cha: 17

Now, I don't know about anyone elses math, but my math prodigy brain tells me that without any magical stat-boosting, being a half-elf, he's AT LEAST 20 points over.
You may wanna check everyone's characters over for errors.
OH, btw, I've sent you my character (And it's legal)

Sorry bob, but I'm a dm and major rules-lawyer myself, so things like that kinda stick out.

Sulli

First Post
Thank you jemal, i just check the rest of the characters and i have to make some people unhappy.

Safire: i checked your stats, there over by 16 points

Bob your main character: Asher is over by 23 points
also your cohort Rilaine is also over by 23 points

please have this corrected or i will have to pull in the reserves.

Bob Aberton

First Post
Oops

Oops

Sorry...I must have did the point-buy thing wrong - I'm used to rolling up my stats, y'see.

I'll change it right away...

:eek:

edit:
I must have miscounted the points when I was making up my characters....oops

When I saw how high my abilties were, I thought there must be some mistake, too. But I submitted them anyways....

I apologize for incovenience caused and I hope no one thinks i'm munchkin or something...just an honest misunderstanding, really

Where does it explain about point buy, anyways? I know that I'm missing something, but I couldn't find it in the PHB index or the DMG index...I guess I'll have to look closer...

:(

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
DMG Page 20. Or if you don't wanna look it up, here's the chart:

ability score/point cost
9/1
10/2
11/3
12/4
13/5
14/6
15/8
16/10
17/13
18/16

Bob Aberton

First Post
thanks, Jemal...

How did I miss that:confused: ?

Anyways...my characters are in the process of being legalized...

Aah, rolling dice is so much simpler...;)

saFire

First Post
Oops!

Sorry about that mix-up, I forgot about the whole "starting with 8 points" thing. I kinda... umm.. started with ten

Anyway, here is the revised Aramae Palantir.

Abilities
Str. 12
Dex. 14
Con. 9
Int. 17
Wis. 14
Cha. 11

Saves
Will +7
Fort. +1
Reflex +4

Attacks
Melee +1
Ranged +6 (w/ mighty shortbow)

Skills
Concentration +5
Knowledge (Elven History) +8
Scry +12
Spellcraft +9
Listen + 7
Spot +6
Move Silently +7

HP: 14 AC:13 Initiative: +2

Did I miss anything that needed to be changed????

Sorry again.
:( :( :(

Bob Aberton

First Post
Asher the Stroller: The Sequel (Perfectly Legal This Time)

Asher the Stroller
Male Half-Elf
(Ranger 2/Rogue1/Fighter3)

STR 14
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 10
WIS 9
CHA 16

Saves
FORT +9
REFL +7
WILL +1

Attack Bonuses
Melee: +8/+3 (BaB +6/+1)
Ranged: +9/+4 (Bab +6/+1)

Hitpoints

Initiative
+3

Armor Class
20 (18 when using Longbow)

Feats/Skills
Craft(woodworking) +1 (+0 Ability, 1 rank)
Swim +6 (+2 Ability, 4 ranks)
Knowledge(Nature) +13(+0 "", 13 ranks)
Listen +9(-1 "", 10 ranks)
Move Silently +13(+3 "", 10 ranks)
Hide +13(+3 "", 10 ranks)
Spot +9 (-1 "", 10 ranks)
Animal Empathy +5 (+3 "", 1 rank)
Wilderness Lore +19(-1 "", 20 ranks)
Profession(Hunter) +2 (-1 "", 3 ranks)
Diplomacy +11(+3 "", 8 ranks)
Sense Motive +5 (-1 "", 6 ranks)
Bluff +9 (+3 "", 6 ranks)

Leadership ( Base Leadership Score 9 [8 for Followers, 10 for Cohorts])
Iron Will
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Rapid Shot
Track
Two-Weapon Fighting
Ambidexterity
(Feats in italics are class features and virtual feats. Asher can only use TWF and Ambidexterity when wearing light armor or no armor)

Weapons and Armor
Liberty (+2 Bastard Sword): Atk +12/+5 Damage 1d10+4
Equality (+1 Composite Longbow): Atk +11/+4 Damage 1d8+1

Fraternity (Masterwork Buckler)
Masterwork Chain Shirt

Other Items of Note
2 Potions of Charisma
2 Potions of Cure Light Wounds
1 Potion of Cat's Grace
Hat of Disguise
Bag of Tricks (Gray)
75 gp in coins
25 gp in gems

Cohorts & Followers
Rilaine, Male Human Rogue5

No Followers Yet

Appearance
Short, black haired. Grey eyes with a determined look. Normally smiling, but takes his cause very seriously. Scar along left temple. Dresses very humbly.

Background

Asher the Stroller was born a peasant. And, so he was told, he would live and die a peasant as well. Born in the hamlet of Shadytree, he was from the cradle given a steady dose of anti-aristocrat propaganda by the foster father, who was also a peasant, and an embittered one at that. They farmed a tiny, meager patch of hard ground just outside the gates of Shadytree Keep, where the Lord of the town lived.

Hunger was no stranger to Asher's family, and his father and he worked long hours, sunup to sundown, in their little patch of ground, trying to scratch out a living. When the crops failed, the ground dried, or a blight struck, Asher's foster father blamed the Lord of the town. Aristocrats, he said, were the root of all evil.

Despite this, however, there were some days that Asher had a few minutes to himself, and so he would spend them in the forest nearby Shadytree. He grew to be a veritable adept at walking unseen and treading unheard in the woods. Some days he would stalk small creatures and kill them with thrown rocks, taking them home to add to his family's stewpot. His father, seeing his success as a hunter, taught him the art of woodwork, and Asher carved a bow for himself.

He began hunting larger game with his new bow, bringing down birds in flight and deer on the run. One day he was tracking an especially large deer when he met an elf in the woods. She told him that they shared something - a father. She was his elven half-sister, Aramae, a seeress and a mage. She helped him to provide for his family.

One day, she told him that she had had a vision. She said that in her dream, the people - the despised common folk - rose up from their fields and smithies and mud farms and overthrew the aristocracy. They deposed the grand lords and kings and mages and ruled themselves with Liberty and Equality and Fraternity. Asher was dumbstruck. He had found his calling! He would gather the common people to him, and he would overthrow the hated upper class. he would usher in the reign of Liberty and Equality and Fraternity.

To remind himself of his newfound crusade, he christened his longbow Equality. And when he had gotten home, he told his parents with fire in his eyes, of his purpose in life. His foster father was frightened. Life and age had dulled the idealism in him, and he knew what happened to peasants like his son that revolted - and also what happened to their families. He tried desparately to dissuade Asher from his fatal course, but all for naught.

Asher talked to the other young peasants in Shadytree of his idea. Most of them laughed him away. Nearly all were too busy just living to join his crusade - besides, they were not about to risk the wrath of the Lord of the town. But Asher was a charismatic young man. He pursuaded one other to help him - an orphan boy named Rilaine. Secretly they plotted various grandiose schemes - they would break into the Lord's mansion and kill him, then free the town. They would rob the Lord's coffers in secret and make the commonfolk rich. They would arm the commonfolk and form an army of freemen and freewomen. But it was all for naught.

For no one can scheme for long in a small town before everyone knows of it. The same thing happened with this town. The Lord soon learned of the plots of Asher and Rilaine, and decided to make an example of Asher. A contingent of soldiers marched up to Asher's hovel. Asher's foster father, realizing what the guards wanted (his foster son), gave in to his hatred of aristocrats, and the Lord of the town in particular, and attacked the guards with a scythe. He was summarily spitted on a spear, and soldiers set fire to Asher's hovel, burning down to nothing but ash and memories. Fortunately, Asher's mother had slipped out the back while Asher's foster father was dying, and so escaped to the Elves.

Asher and Rilaine returned from their hunt to a horrible scene. The body of Asher's beloved foster father lay on the ground in his own blood, spitted like a hog, and the hovel was burned to the ground. Aramae, who had been sent out by her father, found her half-brother and told him what happened.

Asher buried his foster father in their little patch of farmland, choked with grief and guilt.

"I...I'm sorry father...I should never have brought this upon you...."

Then he said goodbye to his mother, shouldered his bow, and walked out of the hamlet of Shadytree, shking his fist at the hateful mansion of the Lord.

"By all the Gods," he cried aloud. "I shall return someday! And the free folk of Faerun shall unite, and I shall bring a terrible sharp reckoning to you, m'lord!"

Rilaine went with him, and so did Aramae. For a long while now they wandered Faerun, adventuring here and there, and always spreading the word to the commonfolk: "Have hope! The time is coming when you will cast off your chains and dance in the halls of your oppressors!" Asher acquired a wondrous magical sword, which he named Liberty. And he acquired also a shield of excellent worksmanship, which he named Fraternity. Although he still only has one follower, he hasn't lost hope yet, and firmly believes that Aramae's vision will come to pass.

There is my revised char for all to see
(Please point out errors so they do not become embarassing to me....).

As a note, I know that his HPs have actually increased since his last incarnation, but that was because last time I figured, so I refigured the HPS.

And also, the now-legalized Rilaine "The Steadfast:"

Rilaine "The Steadfast"
Male Human Rogue5

STR 15
DEX 16
CON 16
INT 8
WIS 11
CHA 10

Saves
FORT +5
REFL +7
WILL +1

Attacks
MELEE +7
RANGED +8

Hitpoints

Armor Class
17 (Flatfooted 13)

Initiative
+5

Skills and Feats
Disguise +10(+0 Ability, 10 ranks)
Escape Artist +10(+3 Ability, 7 ranks)
Listen +9(+0 "", +2 feat, 7 ranks)
Spot +9(+0 "", +2 feats, 7 ranks)
Use Magic Device+7(+0 "", 7 ranks)
Hide +10(+3 "", 7 ranks)
Move Silently +10(+3 "", 7 ranks)
Profession(Farmer)+1 (+0 '' '', 1 rank)
Innuendo +8 (+0 "", 8 ranks)
Sense Motive +8(+0 "", 8 ranks)

Improved Initiative
Alertness
Dodge

Weapons/Armor
Shortbow Damage 1d6
+1 Battleaxe Damage 1d8+3
Buckler
Leather Armor

Other Items of Note
3 Potions of Cure Light wounds
Bag of Holding (Bag 1)
Dust of Tracelessness
Dust of Disappearance
Stone of Alarm
450 gp in coins
50 gp in gems

Appearance
Tall, heavily built. Surprisingly agile. Red hair, blue eyes. Not particularly clever or charismatic, but sensible & clear-headed. He has absolute faith in his and Asher's cause.

History
Rilaine was an orphan boy in the hamlet of Shadytree. He had a reputation for being easily led and none too clever. He was and is Asher's only recruit to the cause of the common people so far. Ever since he, Asher, and Aramae left Shadytree, he has stuck with Asher thorugh thick and thin. His loyalty has earned him the name Steadfast. Although he knows that he and Asher have not been too successful of late, he has as much faith in Aramae's vision as his friend and leader, Asher the Stroller.

Same stuff as above; ie, please point out any errors to me.

Once again, I was not intentionally cheating when I first drew up these characters; it was an innocent mistake...

Remove ads